LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Imation (NYSE:IMN), a global data storage and information security company, today at BVE 2015 in London introduced the Nexsan NST2000 – a new ultra-efficient hybrid storage appliance purpose-built for media and entertainment and data protection workloads that will deliver Fibre Channel connectivity and all the benefits of hybrid storage to mid-sized organizations. The NST2000 is only entry-level when it comes to its price point – it expands upon Imation’s Nexsan NST™ family of hybrid storage solutions, and will be spotlighted at Imation’s booth (M24) through the end of the show. It will be available in the second quarter.
The NST2000 delivers a powerful yet simple to deploy and manage hybrid storage solution using the latest high-performance technologies, and provides the scalability and flexibility to meet the needs of organizations that continue to rapidly add new applications to their environments. With an intelligent hybrid caching layer, NST2000 is optimized for mixed application workloads, media and entertainment workflows and data protection strategies. NST2000 also is ideal for organizations looking to strategically move toward hybrid storage and take advantage of the new levels of performance, availability and reliability it can deliver.
“Customers rely on Chesapeake Systems for our specialization in media, entertainment and broadcast workflows. As the industry moves toward more heterogeneous environments, it’s critical for hybrid storage options to be accessible to operations of all sizes,” said Nicolas Gold, chief revenue officer of Chesapeake Systems. “Imation’s Nexsan solutions – and specifically its NST2000 – bring the file and block services, hybrid efficiency, and redundancy for high availability inherent in high-end systems and make them more financially approachable for smaller operations. This is an excellent complement to the NST line, and we look forward to working more with Imation to help our customers realize these benefits.”
"Hybrid storage solutions could really revolutionize how video teams get their work done," said Sam Bogoch, CEO of axle Video. "Imation's Nexsan NST solutions are fast, flexible, dense and scalable. We're excited to expand our relationship with Imation, which will help more customers benefit from this cutting-edge technology."
As with all of the hybrid storage systems in the NST product family, NST2000 has a standard all-inclusive software licensing model which includes features such as:
- Unified Fibre Channel Support – NST2000 expands the Nexsan NST family’s unified block and file sharing capabilities by adding Fibre Channel connectivity for those small and medium-sized organizations that prefer it for their applications. This gives organizations the ability to take advantage of the benefits of NST’s hybrid storage using a full range of unified storage protocols, including iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, FTP and now Fibre Channel.
- Capacity Scalability –NST2000 capacities start at 13TB and can scale up to 168TB and 2TB FASTier™ cache, delivering much more flexibility to IT administrators.
- Intelligent Hybrid Caching – The NST2000 combines Imation’s intelligent caching algorithms with solid-state disks (SSD’s) and the latest processor technology to provide blazing fast performance for business critical applications.
- Enhanced Data Reduction – The NST2000 delivers faster and smarter inline compression. Compressible data can be processed 50 percent faster than with preceding NST arrays, and intelligence removes the penalty of trying to act upon noncompressible data.
“With the introduction of the NST2000, organizations have an entirely new set of options for storing, managing and protecting the high-value data they create in situations like digital asset management in media and entertainment workflows,” said Mike Stolz, vice president of marketing and technical support for Imation’s Nexsan solutions. “They can deploy hybrid storage, realize new levels of performance, scale their data centers to new levels of capacity and much more – all at a price point that was previously inaccessible to them given their limited budgets and resources. We’re excited to help these organizations operate more efficiently and generate more ROI from their storage investment – and to add the NST2000 to help address a full range of application requirements.”
"The new NST2000 is just the latest proof point that Imation has raised the bar with its Nexsan product portfolio," said Deni Connor, founder of SSG-Now. "Imation is a company with a strong vision for data storage and the breadth and depth of a hybrid storage product family for a segment of the market that desperately needs it. Now with its NST2000, mid-sized organizations can take full advantage of the benefits this product provides."
Imation’s Nexsan NST™ is a set of flexible hybrid storage appliances that scale to meet mid-sized organization application and storage needs with unified NAS and SAN access capabilities in a single solution. Other product lines in Imation’s deep Nexsan portfolio of purpose-built storage solutions are:
- Imation’s Nexsan E-Series™ is a family of high-density, high-performance and highly reliable storage solutions that can be directly attached or networked to workstations and servers.
- Imation’s Nexsan Assureon™ is a set of secure storage solutions that reduce storage cost by offloading and deduplicating data from primary storage that is infrequently used or has aged by policy.
For more information on Imation’s Nexsan storage solutions, visit www.imation.com/en/nexsan.
Imation (NYSE: IMN) is a global data storage and information security company. Our products and solutions help organizations and individuals store, manage and protect their digital content. Imation’s storage and security portfolio includes Nexsan high-density, archive and solid-state optimized unified hybrid storage solutions; IronKey™ mobile security solutions that address the needs of professionals for secure data transport and mobile workspaces; and consumer storage solutions, audio products and accessories sold under the Imation, Memorex and TDK Life on Record brands. Imation reaches customers in more than 100 countries through a powerful global distribution network. For more information, visit www.imation.com.
Follow @Nexsan on Twitter.
Imation, the Imation logo, Nexsan, the Nexsan by Imation logo, IronKey, NST, FASTier, E-Series, Assureon and Memorex are trademarks of Imation Corp. TDK Life on Record is a trademark of TDK Corporation and is used under license. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.