CARY, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Biologics, an integrated oncology services company, is pleased to announce that Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Inc. has selected the company to be a limited distribution network provider for two leading oncology medications, NEXAVAR® (sorafenib) and STIVARGA® (regorafenib).
NEXAVAR is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of:
- locally recurrent or metastatic, progressive, differentiated thyroid carcinoma (DTC) refractory to radioactive iodine treatment;
- unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC); and
- advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC).
STIVARGA is approved by the FDA for the treatment of:
- locally advanced, unresectable, or metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) that has been previously treated with imatinib mesylate and sunitinib malate; and
- metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) that has been previously treated with fluoropyrimidine-, oxaliplatin-, and irinotecan-based chemotherapy, an anti-VEGF therapy, and, if KRAS wild-type, an anti-EGFR therapy.
Recognized for its unique high-touch patient care model, Biologics’ Oncology Pharmacy and Patient Support Services provide clinical, financial and emotional support to patients. Each patient follows an individual care plan based on their specific needs, and receives one-on-one support from their dedicated Biologics care team to ensure compliance and improve outcomes. The team will perform benefits investigation, benefits verification and prior authorization services, in addition to facilitating copayment or coinsurance assistance for patients as needed.
“We are excited to expand our formulary and continue to provide leading therapies for oncology patients,” said Dan Duffy, chief business development officer at Biologics. “We look forward to the opportunity to support a new patient population, and to further our mission of providing the best possible resources and support to patients and their families who are fighting cancer.”
Physicians may submit prescriptions to Biologics via phone (800.850.4306), fax (800.823.4506) or eScribe. To send prescriptions via eScribe, physicians may search for Biologics within their EMR system.
- Pharmacy name: Biologics
- Street address: 120 Weston Oaks Court, Cary, NC 27513
- NCPDP: 3430369
- NPI: 1487640314
Biologics, Inc. is an oncology services company that empowers healthcare providers, payors and biopharma to optimize cancer care for the best possible outcomes – clinical, financial and emotional. Unifying fragmented healthcare services, Biologics brings efficiency and humanity to oncology care management by focusing on the patient’s best interest as the surest path to managing cost and risk. Biologics is at the center of a rapidly changing oncology environment and supports patients across all treatment modalities, while providing clinical outcomes and informatics reporting that allow for informed decision making. Since it was founded in 1994, Biologics has been dedicated to improving the lives of those fighting cancer. Privately held, Biologics maintains headquarters and operations in Cary, North Carolina. Visit biologicsinc.com or follow us on Twitter (@BiologicsInc).