DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gf6dpm/personal_accident) has announced the addition of the "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
Rises in healthcare costs, the elderly population, international tourism and awareness of health insurance drove Canada's personal accident and health segment during the review period (2009-2013). The segment's gross written premium rose at a review-period compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8%. The segment is dominated by health insurance, which held 93.0% of the gross written premium in 2013.
- Healthcare financing in Canada is a mix of public and private participation.
- Canada has a large aged population. With the proportion of the population aged 65 and older rising, it is expected to generate higher demand for health insurance.
- Health insurance accounted for the largest share of 55.3%, followed by the personal accident insurance with 43.8% of the overall personal accident and health insurance segment in Canada in 2013.
- Despite the global financial crisis and weak economic development in Canada, travel insurance was the segment's fastest-growing category during the review period, with a CAGR of 12.9%.
- The low penetration of personal accident and health insurance, which stood at 1.3% in 2013, indicates a potential opportunity for private insurers.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Key Facts and Events
2 Executive Summary
4 Canadian Insurance Industry Attractiveness
5 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Segment Outlook
6 Analysis by Distribution Channel
7 Governance, Risk and Compliance
8 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
- Manufacturers Life Insurance Company
- Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada
- Great-West Life Assurance Company
- Canada Life Assurance Company
- RBC Life Insurance Company
- Standard Life Assurance Company of Canada
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
- The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company
- Economical Mutual Insurance Company
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gf6dpm/personal_accident