YOKOHAMA, Japan--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sigma Corporation of America, a leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider of some of the world's most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, has announced pricing and availability of its 150-600mm F/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary lens. The lens will become available in Canon and Nikon mounts in March for the street price of $1089.
The 150-600mm F/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary lens is the first hyper-telephoto zoom lens from the Global Vision Contemporary line, and features a light-weight and compact construction for higher usability. In order to allow for mobile, handheld shooting in the field, it has a new and improved Optical Stabilizer, and features a new water and oil-repellent coating on the front and rear lenses. Its dimensions will be 4.1 inches by 10.2 inches and will feature 20 elements in 14 groups – including one FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) and three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements – with a minimum aperture of F22 and minimum focusing distance of 110.2 inches. Its maximum magnification ratio is 1:5.
“This hyper-telephoto zoom lens offers photographers superior image quality and high performance that is both customizable and portable for use in various photography situations,” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America.
The 150-600mm F/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary lens will feature:
- An updated Optical Stabilizer (OS) with an accelerometer for improved vertical and horizontal panning, essential for bird, wildlife and motor sports photography
- Enhanced functionality for better portability and usability
- Dust and splash proof mount
- Excellent optical glass elements to minimize chromatic aberration and achieve best-in-class image quality
- Two new switches added for ease-of-use, including a new zoom lock switch capable of locking at any focal distance and a Manual Override (MO) switch for improved control of focusing performance
- An enhanced auto focus (AF) algorithm and Hyper Sonic Motor ensure quiet and fast AF
- MO included to make two full-time modes switchable
- A detachable tripod socket made of magnesium which is light and strong so the lens can be carried by itself
The lens will be available in Sigma, Canon, Nikon and Sony mounts. It is also compatible with Sigma’s lineup of Global Vision teleconverters as well as the company’s USB dock which allows for advanced customization of AF speed, OS viewing modes, focus limiter and firmware updates.
About Sigma Corporation
Since 1961, Sigma has worked toward a single, simple goal: To imagine and develop photographic technologies that push the envelope, empower photographers and produce unparalleled imagery. We’ve honored this commitment by maintaining control of our design, research and development, and manufacturing processes in our own Aizu Factory. Our products are built with premium materials and are known worldwide for quality and performance. Our family-owned organization is the largest, independent SLR lens manufacturer in the world, producing more than 45 lenses that are compatible with most manufacturers, including Sigma, Canon, Sony, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic and Pentax. Sigma Corporation also produces digital SLR cameras and high-definition digital compact cameras. The company is headquartered in Japan, with offices strategically located throughout Europe, Asia and North America. Photography is all we do, and it’s all we’ve ever done.