SAN DIEGO & OSLO, Norway--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Total Communicator Solutions, Inc., a leader in mobile brand management and application development, has announced a global partnership with media platform Unacast, which for the first time will allow brands to use hyper-local, offline, customer data from beacon interactions to deliver relevant and targeted ads and content online.
Total Communicator Solutions’ precision mobile marketing platform and Spark Compass applications interact with Gimbal beacons, which can be placed throughout a shopping district, in stores and malls, among other locations and venues, to communicate with users. The application adapts to the user’s location, activity, personal preferences and past behaviors to create a new real-time profile for precision marketing.
Unacast, several times awarded one of the most promising tech companies in Norway, is the first media platform to enable retailers and brands to retarget their customers online based on offline beacon interactions. The Unacast platform has been built with privacy at the core of its product and in close collaboration with privacy regulators and consumer organizations.
The deal between TCS and Unacast delivers a single customer view, both online and offline, which is very important to marketing executives around the world, who are seeking ways to provide continued engagement to their customers.
“By combining the location-based marketing application with Unacast’s online/offline profiles, our clients will be able to connect to their customers in the store and then retarget the same customer online, with a more relevant and targeted ad, based on the customer’s recent offline behavior,” said Erik Bjontegard, president and founder of Total Communicator Solutions. “This new ad server capability will help any retailer or brand to increase the accuracy and ROI of its advertising.”
“While retailers and brands are well served with platforms that enable online retargeting based on online data, this accounts for a maximum of 30 percent of a consumer’s awake time,” said Thomas Walle Jensen, CEO of Unacast. “The remaining 70 percent is spent offline, but until now, with the addition of hyper-local offline beacon data, they have had limited ability to adapt their advertising messaging and media spend accordingly.”
Bjontegard added, “Unacast is leading the industry in putting customers’ privacy first to ensure responsible collection and use of data. The integration of the Spark Compass platform with Unacast’s capabilities keeps consumer privacy at the forefront, while still offering brands a more targeted way to reach and engage consumers.”
About Total Communicator Solutions Inc.
Founded in early 2012 by former Qualcomm executive Erik Bjontegard, Total Communicator Solutions Inc. develops innovative, fully integrated mobile marketing communication platforms and customized applications to help clients connect with users, customers and future users in meaningful and measurable ways on mobile devices. Its precision mobile marketing platform, Spark Compass™, integrates the Gimbal encrypted proximity beacons from Gimbal, Inc., enabling the delivery of customized and relevant content for real-time consumer engagement. With numerous beacon installations in locations across the U.S. incorporating thousands of proximity beacons, the Spark Compass Platform is placing beacon networks in numerous market leading locations such as hospitals, university facilities and convention centers. Total Communicator Solutions Inc. is headquartered in San Diego, Calif., with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Spain, Mexico, UK and New Zealand. Visit http://www.sparkcompass.com for more information.
The Unacast media platform connects a global network of proximity providers, enabling brands and retailers to retarget their customers based on offline behavior. By anonymously grouping offline and online data, Unacast enables brands to serve more relevant and targeted digital advertising. Unacast's unique proximity provider portal delivers industry leading best practice in offline data management and privacy with a core principal that we never disclose recognizable customer data and the partners always retain full control over their own data sets.
About Unacast Privacy Best Practice
- All retargeting opportunities on their platform require consent from the customer. Consumers who opt in to the platform will receive more relevant advertising and benefits such as personalized offers.
- Unacast never shares proximity data with other parties than the ones the client approves of, full control is always retained throughout the process.