ROUND ROCK, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dell’s momentum in its client solutions (PC) business continued during the fourth calendar quarter of 2014 as it registered its eighth consecutive quarter of year-over-year gains in global share and grew faster than the overall industry, based on preliminary data recently released by industry analyst firm International Data Corporation (IDC)1. Specifically:
- Dell ranked highest among the top three competitors WW and top five in the U.S. for year-over-year shipment growth of 10.3 percent and 15 percent, respectively.
- For the full calendar year, according to IDC, Dell reached 13.5 percent share, gaining 1.5 percentage points of share on year-over-year global shipment growth of 10.3 percent.
- In the U.S. for the full year 2014, Dell gained 2.2 percentage points of share on year-over-year shipment growth of 15 percent, for 24.3 percent share.
“Our growth in 2014 in the U.S. and worldwide illustrates the strength of our PC portfolio and that we’re providing the products and solutions customers value,” said Jeff Clarke, Dell’s Vice Chairman, Operations, and President, Client Solutions. “This momentum carries us well in to 2015, and we’ll continue to provide even more innovation to customers. CES is a good example, with 25 combined CES and industry awards for innovations like our new XPS 13 Ultrabook and Venue 8 7000 tablet – the enthusiasm was infectious and people took notice.”
Patrick Moorhead, Moor Insights & Strategy, wrote, “The XPS 13 is without a doubt one of the most innovative products to come out of Dell in recent memory and it offers a glimpse into what the 'New Dell' has been up to over the past year since they’ve gone private and their 2013 strategy change.” And The Verge said, “Dell has finally released the long-awaited Dell Venue 8 7000… Dell hasn't cut any corners here — this is one of the most well-designed tablets on the market. At 6mm, the Venue 8 7000 is the thinnest tablet in the world, and the first with Intel's Real Sense 3D camera.”
In 2014, Dell has significantly expanded its portfolio of thin clients, notebooks, desktop PCs, workstations and monitors, backed by the company’s award-winning ProSupport service, to deliver with world’s most secure, manageable and reliable commercial solutions for customers. Most recently, the company also made waves at the international CES show in Las Vegas, NV, earning seven CES Innovation and 18 industry recognized awards:
1. XPS 13, 2015 CES Editors’ Choice award - Reviewed.com (a division of USA Today)
2. XPS 13, Top Tech of CES 2015 award - Digital Trends
3. XPS 13, Top Pick CES 2015: Laptop – LAPTOP
4. XPS 13, Most Outstanding of CES 2015 award – Notebooks.com
5. XPS 13, CES 2015 Excellence Award – GottaBeMobile
6. XPS 13, CES Innovation Award Honoree - CEA
7. XPS 13, Best Laptop CES 2015 award – The Verge
8. XPS 13, Best Laptops of CES 2015 award - MSN
9. XPS 13, Best of CES 2015 award: Best Laptop - Tech Radar
10. XPS 15, Best Laptops of CES 2015 award - MSN
11. Venue 8 7000 Series, Best of CES award - Engadget
12. Venue 8 7000 Series, Best of CES award - Mashable
13. Venue 8 7000 Series, Top Pick CES 2015: Tablet - LAPTOP
14. Venue 8 7000 Series, Best of CES award - PC Mag
15. Venue 8 7000 Series, CES 2015 Excellence Award – GottaBeMobile
16. Venue 8 7000 Series, 2015 CES Innovation Award Best of Innovation Honoree - CEA
17. Venue 8 7000 Series, Best Tablet CES 2015 award – The Verge
18. Alienware 15, CES 2015 Excellence Award - Notebooks.com
19. Alienware Area-51, CES Innovation Award Honoree - CEA
20. Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop, CES Innovation Award Honoree - CEA
21. Inspiron 23 AIO, Best of CES 2015 award: Best All-in-One PC - Tech Radar
22. Latitude Education 13” Laptop and Mobile Cart, CES Innovation Award Honoree - CEA
23. UltraSharp 34 Monitor – U3415W (Curved), CES Innovation Award Honoree - CEA
24. UltraSharp 34 Monitor – U3415W (Curved), Best of CES 2015 awards: Best Monitor - Videomaker
25. UltraSharp 27 Monitor – UP2715K (5K), CES Innovation Award Honoree - CEA
“Dell’s speed of innovation brought many industry firsts including the world’s smallest 13-inch notebook, slimmest tablet and stunning 4K & 5K displays…the competition is on edge, customers are excited, and we love it,” said Clarke.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
(1) IDC Worldwide Quarterly PC Tracker, preliminary data, January 12, 2015
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.