DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4j2598/the_insurance) has announced the addition of the "The Insurance Industry in Gibraltar, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
In terms of written premium value, the Gibraltarian insurance industry grew fuelled by strong economic growth, recording a review-period (2009-2013) CAGR of 22.6%. The primary reason for this is the European single market for insurance. The industry is further projected to grow at a forecast-period (2013-2018) CAGR of 13.1%.
The industry's growth was a result of strong performance of the non-life segment, which grew at a review-period CAGR of 27.6%. Growth in the segment was impacted positively by an increase in the number of licensed vehicles per 100 people from 80.1 in 2012 (estimated) to 85.2 in 2013 (estimated). This growth was further supported by the expanding automobile industry in the UK, which rose by 10.9% in 2013 from the previous year.
As a dependent territory of the UK, Gibraltar is a part of the EU, with exemption only from the common customs tariff, the Common Agricultural Policy and VAT rules. The Financial Services Commission (FSC) is the government authority responsible for supervising and regulating the insurance and reinsurance industry in Gibraltar.
- The Gibraltarian insurance industry's growth prospects by insurance segment and category
- The competitive landscape in the Gibraltarian insurance industry
- The current trends and drivers in the Gibraltarian insurance industry
- Challenges facing the Gibraltarian insurance industry
- The detailed regulatory framework of the Gibraltarian insurance industry
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Gibraltarian Insurance Industry Overview
4 Industry Segmentation
5 Governance, Risk and Compliance
6 Competitive Landscape
7 Macroeconomic Indicators
- Argus Insurance Company (Europe) Ltd
- Enterprise Insurance Company Plc
- Haven Insurance
- Red Sands Life Assurance Company (Europe) Ltd
- Southern Rock Insurance Company Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4j2598/the_insurance