DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wfc6c2/patent_cliff_and) has announced the addition of the "Patent Cliff and the Future of Generics in Asia" report to their offering.
The global generics industry is in an interesting phase. Prescription volumes for generics are rising in the US and European markets, while regional manufacturers are struggling to meet demand. However, while Asian prescription volumes are lower than that of Western markets, Asian manufacturers are catering to domestic markets and exporting a significant percentage of products to the US and Europe. India, China, South Korea, and Japan are the important Asian markets. The generics industry has moved on after patent cliff, and is more focused on increasing product quality and market share. Overall, the global generics market will see an average growth in the next 2-3 years.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What are the key trends in the Asian generics market post 2012?
- What are the new strategies which the domestic manufacturers are likely to implement?
- How will the major generics markets grow in the next 5 years?
- What is so unique about the Philippines generics market?
- Did patent cliff make drug companies change their existing business models?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Patent Cliff and Global Generics Market
- What Will The Global Generics Market Look Like in 2015?
- What Can We Expect in the Next Three Years?
- Opportunities by Therapeutic Segments-Cardiovascular Disease Remains the Most Attractive Segment till 2018
- Opportunities by Product Segments-Biologics or Oral Solids?
- With Less Molecules To Lose Exclusivity, Will the Generics Industry Continue To Grow?
- Major Losses Due To Patent Cliff in 2014
- Selected Patent Expiries in 2015
- Who Gets the Maximum Advantage Post Loss of Exclusivity (LOE) of Major Drugs?
- Challenges for Drug Manufacturers
- Major Models and Trends Post 2012 LOE
3. Generics Market in Asia
- Activities in the Asian Generics Market
- Major Approvals and New Products in Asia-Pacific Generics Market in 2014
- Indian Generics Market
- Indian Market is Mix of Branded Generics and Un-branded Generics
- Universal Health Coverage Scheme 2015-2019
- Universal Health Coverage in India and its Implications
- To Meet The Demands of Domestic Markets, Generic Manufacturers Have to Produce a Surplus
- Markets Other than India to be Equally Lucrative for Generic Manufacturers
- Chinese Generics Market in 2014
- Generics Market Boom Likely in the Next 3 Years
- LOE Scenario in Japanese Pharma Industry 2014-2015
- Japanese Generics Market in 2014
- Key Focus of Japanese Pharma Industry-Quality
- The Philippines
- Taiwan and Malaysia
- Rest of Asia
4. Strategic Recommendations
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wfc6c2/patent_cliff_and