SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Load DynamiX, the leader in storage infrastructure performance validation, announced today that it closed 2014 with record revenues as it expanded its business to both storage technology vendors and enterprise IT organizations. Sales to IT organizations increased more than 350% in 2014 as IT architects and engineers strive to better control storage costs and future-proof performance requirements for their storage deployments.
Funding and Expansion
Load DynamiX had a pivotal year in 2014 for growth and expansion. In May, the company raised a $12 million round of funding, led by HighBar Partners, to further product development and expand into new markets. After landing many key new accounts – including large service providers, global financial organizations, F50 manufacturers, and leading healthcare organizations in North America – the company recently announced the expansion of sales into Japan with the appointment of Toyo Corporation as its distributor and professional services partner.
Load DynamiX now employs a staff of over 70 people, as they hired key personnel in sales, product development and services. Most notably, Tim Van Ash recently joined Load DynamiX from CA Technologies in the role of vice president, product management.
To further enhance their Load DynamiX Enterprise product suite, the company announced a series of industry innovations to help storage professionals optimize spending and assure performance of their storage deployments:
- The industry’s first integrated solution for generating compressible and de-duplicable data content streams to help vendors and IT architects understand the performance impact of data compression and inline deduplication, which is key to purchase decisions for Flash storage systems
- The industry’s first 16G Fibre Channel SAN performance validation solution
- A comprehensive VDI application workload model that looks at performance bottlenecks exclusively from the storage perspective
- The industry’s first Workload Iterator which helps storage engineers and storage architects test hundreds of variations for any networked storage workload scenario
Strategic Vendor Partnerships
Already established as the de facto performance validation standard to the engineering and QA teams at all the major storage technology vendor companies, Load DynamiX has become a key partner with the sales and marketing teams at several vendors over the year. Vendors and their channel partners have significantly shortened their sales cycles by helping their customers optimize both configurations and purchases so they are fully aligned to performance requirements.
Partnership examples include:
- EMC recognized Load DynamiX as “Partner of the Year” in their EMC Technology Connect Advantage partner program for the company’s significant impact on EMC business in the last year.
- HP collaborated with Load DynamiX to offer their customers a deeper understanding of how virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and online transaction processing (OLTP) application workloads would perform on a HP ProLiant Gen9 server running HP StoreVirtual VSA software.
- Pure Storage and Cisco deployed Load DynamiX performance validation solutions to help accelerate their sales efforts and prove the value of their all flash arrays.
Industry Recognition and Awards
Because Load DynamiX offers the unique ability to understand the performance intricacies of all flash arrays, the company’s senior product evangelist, Peter Murray, helped establish and kick off the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) technical working group on Solid State Storage System Performance Measurement. Peter Murray was later appointed to the distinguished SNIA Technical Council. He will work with the other Technical Council members to guide the direction of storage networking technologies, and assist the storage industry in developing and promoting global standards.
In a round of industry recognition for the company’s accomplishments, Load DynamiX started out the year by being recognized with a 'Product of the Year' Gold Award in the Storage Management Tools category by the editors of Storage magazine-Searchstorage.com. Red Herring also recognized the company as a Top 100 North America Winner, a prestigious award honoring the year’s most promising private technology ventures from the Americas business region. Load DynamiX swept the first IT Brand Pulse survey conducted for Storage Performance Validation taking the Market, Price, Performance, Reliability, Service & Support, and Innovation titles. TMC’s InfoTech Spotlight honored the company by naming Load DynamiX a 2014 Data Center Excellence Award Winner. Finally, CIO Review, a publication for enterprise IT decision makers, named Load DynamiX to its list of “Most Promising EMC Solution Providers 2014.”
“The storage industry is going through one of the biggest transitions in decades, with flash, hybrid, and software defined storage systems driving significant disruption to the status quo. Fully understanding the performance impact and ROI of these technologies as it relates to their application workloads is becoming essential to IT infrastructure architects,” said Philippe Vincent, president and CEO of Load DynamiX. “As evidenced by our dramatically increased adoption by leading IT organizations, storage performance validation and the methodologies developed by Load DynamiX are rapidly becoming an essential core competency that supports the key IT imperatives of cost control and performance assurance.”
Load DynamiX products work with any file, block and object storage system across all vendors as a true independent storage performance validation solution. For the latest news and information, engage with Load DynamiX via:
- Homepage: www.loaddynamix.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LoadDynamiX
- Blog: www.loaddynamix.com/blog
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Load-DynamiX/287927074597112
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/221570?trk=tyah
About Load DynamiX
As the leader in storage infrastructure performance validation, Load DynamiX empowers storage professionals with the insight needed to make intelligent decisions regarding networked storage. By accurately characterizing and emulating real-world application behavior, Load DynamiX optimizes the overall performance, availability, and cost of storage infrastructure. The combination of advanced workload analytics and modeling software with extreme load-generating appliances give IT professionals the ability to cost-effectively validate and stress today’s most complex physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure to its limits.