BENTONVILLE, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sam’s Club, the nation’s eighth largest retailer, announced today a new, exclusive furniture collection from best-selling novelist, screenwriter and producer Nicholas Sparks. The Black Mountain Collection of fine furniture consists of six exquisite pieces that evoke Sparks’s signature coastal Carolina style.
“When I designed this collection, I wanted the pieces to have a true craftsmanship that was both beautiful and comfortable,” said Nicholas Sparks.
The collection was inspired by Sparks’s latest book, The Longest Ride (2013), and appears in the upcoming 20th Century Fox film based on this novel. The movie, starring Scott Eastwood and Britt Robertson, will be released nationwide April 10, 2015. Set in Black Mountain, North Carolina, this quaint town served as the backdrop for the novel and the rolling hills and natural surroundings are reflected in Sparks’s first furniture collection.
“We want the products we offer to help enhance everyday life,” said Cindy O’Connor, senior vice president of general merchandise for Sam’s Club. “The new furniture from Nicholas Sparks is one example of how we combine access to exclusive merchandise with value for our members. The style and versatility of the line provide useful accent pieces or a full collection depending on your home décor and decorating needs.”
The Black Mountain Collection consists of six uniquely designed pieces:
- Writing Desk: With its hand-applied finish, solid wood and wood veneer construction, this over-sized desktop has two convenient drawers with full-extension metal glides and decorative metal tie supports, making it ideal for any office task.
- Plush Chair and Ottoman: Deep cushions with ultra-soft beige fabric upholstery, comfort-enhancing layered cushion construction, and excellent lumbar support make the ergonomically contoured plush chair ideal for cozying up with a book. Decorative brass nail head trim and a matching accent pillow add to its style. The chair comes with an ottoman that contains a hidden compartment for convenient storage.
- Storage Cabinet: Fully assembled solid wood and wood veneer construction with hand-applied, antique blue painted finish, decorative door panel screen, and metal door pulls with antique Pewter finish make this storage cabinet breathtaking. An adjustable shelf offers added convenience.
- Leather Office Chair: Rich, bonded leather upholstery with ergo-contoured lumbar and arm supports provides excellent comfort and support. Also features a durable wood base with smooth dual wheel casters.
- Bookcase: Hand-applied finish, solid wood and wood veneer construction, plank-style shelves, and decorative metal tie supports are features of the bookcase. Combine multiple bookcases to create larger storage wall.
- Wooden Trunk: The elegant wooden trunk is made from solid wood and wood veneer construction featuring hand-applied antique blue painted finish and decorative metal corner accents. The top of the trunk slides open on full-extension metal glides revealing a storage space to keep things out of sight but easily in-reach.
The Black Mountain Collection Writing Desk, Plush Chair and Ottoman, Storage Cabinet, Bookcase and Wooden Trunk are available online at SamsClub.com and in all U.S. Sam’s Club locations. The Leather Office Chair is available in-club only.
Visit the Sam’s Club Newsroom to download high resolution images of the collection and video of Sparks speaking to his inspiration for the collection.
About Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club®, a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), is a leading membership warehouse club offering superior products, savings and services to millions of members in 646 clubs in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. To learn more about Sam’s Club, visit the Sam’s Club Newsroom, shop at SamsClub.com, and interact with Sam’s Club on Twitter and Facebook.
About Nicholas Sparks
Nicholas Sparks is one of the world’s most beloved storytellers. All of his books have been New York Times bestsellers, with more than 100 million copies sold worldwide and in more than 50 languages. The Black Mountain furniture collection adds creator and artist to his impressive career resume.