DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6fb49p/reinsurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Reinsurance in Belgium, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
The gross written premium of the Belgian reinsurance segment increased at a CAGR of 1.9% during the review period (2009-2013). The global financial crisis in 2009 and rising sovereign debt in the country and other EU member states kept growth subdued.
Solvency II legislation is a fundamental reform of capital adequacy requirements and risk management, and is expected to be a framework for insurance regulation worldwide. It is currently scheduled for implementation by EU member states, including Belgium, in January 2016. The directive is projected to lead to higher capital requirements, forcing firms to seek help from reinsurers. Such initiatives are expected to drive growth in the Belgian reinsurance segment over the forecast period (2013-2018).
- Reinsurance in Belgium grew during the review period: its written premium increased in 2013, at a review-period CAGR of 1.9% .
- The treaty reinsurance category accounted for 75.4% of the reinsurance premium in 2013, while the facultative reinsurance category accounted for the remaining 24.6%.
- The Belgian reinsurance segment is small compared to other EU member states. It is also highly competitive, and contains a number of leading multinational reinsurers.
- In 2011, the European court of justice ruled that premiums and benefits should be the same for both men and women, in line with Belgian anti-discrimination law.
- Belgian non-life insurers ceded the highest level to reinsurance of the three main primary insurance segments in 2013.
- The Reinsurance Act 2009, implemented in Belgium in February 2009, stipulates minimum guarantee capital, change of ownership and solvency margins for reinsurers operating in the country, with the aim of achieving financial soundness.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Key Facts and Events
2 Executive Summary
4 Belgian Insurance Industry Attractiveness
5 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
6 Key Trends and Drivers
7 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
Leading Company in the Belgian Reinsurance Segment
- Secura Re NV
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6fb49p/reinsurance_in