DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zqxpcq/personal_accident) has announced the addition of the "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Belgium, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
Personal accident and health insurance accounted for 10.3% of the Belgian insurance industry's written premium in 2013, after recording a CAGR of 2.3% during the review period (2009-2013). This growth was primarily due to increases in medical expenditure, and Belgian outbound tourism. The expansion of the segment was also supported by positive demographic factors such as increased life expectancy and the country's large urban population. An increase in the government's private and public healthcare expenditure also fueled segment growth, although this was partially offset by weak economic growth and the impact of the European debt crisis.
- Health insurance in Belgium comprises both public and private options.
- Belgium's personal accident and health insurance penetration rate was 0.82% in 2013
- Personal accident insurance accounted for 47.8% of the segment's gross written premium in 2013, followed by 45.1% of health and 7.0% of travel.
- Personal accident and health insurance policies are primarily distributed through brokers, with the brokers channel accounting for 61.4% of the segment's total gross written premium in 2013.The popularity of bancassurance is also growing rapidly due to its relatively low administrative costs and consumer preference.
- Belgium's personal accident and health insurance segment recorded positive growth during the review period, and benefitted from an increase in medical expenditure and outbound tourism.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Key Facts and Events
2 Executive Summary
4 Belgian Insurance Industry Attractiveness
5 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Outlook
6 Analysis by Distribution Channel
7 Governance, Risk and Compliance
8 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
- Axa Belgium SA
- AG Insurance
- Baloise Insurance
- CBC Assurances
- Belfius (Belins) Insurance Belgium SA
- ING Life Belgium
- Allianz Belgium
- P&V Assurance
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zqxpcq/personal_accident