SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A&D Medical, the worldwide leader in connected health and biometric measurement devices and services, announced today the launch of its free new A&D Connect mobile app that seamlessly communicates with Apple’s Health app. A&D already offers its own native connection between users and their doctors and loved ones, but the new app assures that people can aggregate all their info into one place on Apple’s Health App if they like.
A&D Connect can automatically sync user data for blood pressure, heart rate, weight, calorie, steps and distance walked to the Apple Health app. A&D Connect links to A&D’s Bluetooth Smart-enabled weight scales and blood pressure monitors, as well as the LifeTrak family of activity trackers from Salutron.
“A&D Connect is based on the real tools and best practices of the medical community, so people know they are getting what doctors need,” said Terry Duesterhoeft, President and Chief Executive Officer of A&D Engineering. “A&D Connect gives patients, physicians, and families peace of mind, knowing they can all monitor a person’s health with medical grade tools.”
Key benefits of A&D Connect include:
- Improve Fitness - Count your steps, view your heart rate, and see how many calories you’re burning—then chart your progress over time, for great insight on your daily activity and how it impacts your health.
- Lose Weight - A daily weight history quickly shows your progress towards your goal weight.
- Sleep Better - With the C410 LifeTrak Activity Tracker and A&D Connect, you’ll also have extensive information on your sleep patterns, for even more insight on your health.
- Monitor Blood Pressure - Manage your hypertension with ongoing blood pressure charts, including trending and reporting for your physician.
- Share & Report - A&D Connect lets you share your results when you want to with loved ones, physicians or healthcare providers via secure email or on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Mobile Device Support - A&D Connect works effortlessly with iOS and Android operating systems (coming soon).
The A&D Connect mobile app is based on WellnessConnected, the first complete, connected health system with built-in sharing capabilities that offer both simplicity and affordability for consumers, as well as the security and precision demanded by healthcare providers. This platform combines the A&D Medical’s Bluetooth Smart-enabled health monitoring devices, the A&D Connect mobile app and a secure cloud-based personal account, to give individuals and organizations the tools to track progress toward healthy living goals.
About A&D Medical
Since 1977, A&D Medical has manufactured and distributed a full line of advanced biometric monitoring solutions including blood pressure monitors, weight scales, activity trackers and other health monitoring devices for consumer and professional use. A&D Medical is the worldwide leader in connected health and biometric measurement devices and services for consumer wellness and chronic condition management, marketing under the A&D brand globally and also the LifeSource brand in North America. A&D Medical is a division of A&D Company, a global manufacturer of measurement equipment, with operations in Asia, Europe, Australia, Russia, North America, and South America.
Key Words: Health, Healthkit, Health Kit, iPhone, iPad, iOS8, Apple, multiple user, telehealth, connected health, wellness management, chronic condition management, biometric monitoring, biometric device, blood pressure monitor, weight scale, activity monitor, activity tracker, A&D Medical, LifeSource, LifeTrak, Bluetooth Smart