DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xndlj4/the_insurance) has announced the addition of the "The Insurance Industry in Maldives, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
Maldives has a small insurance industry, serving a population of 393,988 in 2013. In the early 1980s, the country was among the world's 20 poorest countries. However, as a result of rapid growth in tourism and fishing, the country grew into a middle-income economy with an annual per capita income of MVR118,439.0 (US$7,711.0) in 2013.
The Maldivian economy is driven by tourism and fishing industries. The global financial and EU sovereign debt crises had little impact on the country's tourism industry and overall economy. Maldivian GDP grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% during the review period (2009-2013). The economy is expected to remain positive and register strong growth over the forecast period (2014-2018), supported by growth in tourism and improvement in the global economy. According to the World Bank, Maldivian GDP is expected to grow at a CAGR 4.6% over the forecast period.
- It provides historical values for the Maldivian insurance industry for the report's 2009-2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013-2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in the Maldivian insurance industry, along with forecasts until 2018.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It profiles the top insurance companies in Maldives, and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Maldivian Insurance Industry Overview
4 Industry Segmentation
5 Governance, Risk and Compliance
6 Competitive Landscape
7 Economic Indicators
- Allied Insurance Company of the Maldives Pvt Ltd
- Amãna Takaful (Maldives) Plc
- Ceylinco Insurance Company Pvt Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xndlj4/the_insurance