PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--‘Tis the season for giving, and in the spirit of the holidays, customers can attend a variety of free and discounted arts and cultural events as a gift from PECO. From Free First Sundays at the Barnes Foundation to the magic of musical theater at People’s Light and Theatre, PECO invites customers to enjoy the many arts and cultural experiences our region has to offer.
- Electrical Spectacle Holiday Light Show at Franklin Square (4:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., now through Dec. 31) – FREE admission to see more than 50,000 lights as they shimmer, dance and illuminate Franklin Square to a soundtrack of holiday classics performed by The Philly POPS. Visit historicphiladelphia.org/franklin-square.
- “Beauty and the Beast” at Arden Theatre (Now through Feb. 1) – PECO customers can buy two-for-one tickets to preview performances (through Dec. 5) or $5 off adult admission for all other performances, using promo code “PECO.” Visit ardentheatre.org.
- “Les Miserables” at the Media Theatre (Now through Jan. 11) – Ten percent off all tickets for PECO customers. Use promo code “PECO1.” Visit mediatheatre.org.
- Free First Sundays at the Barnes Foundation (10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Dec. 7) – “Hometown: Philadelphia” features a hands-on drawing session with Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts (PAFA) alumni Abby King and a performance from violinist Jane O’Malley. FREE access to the Barnes galleries is included. Visit barnesfoundation.org.
- PECO Second Saturday at Second State Press (Noon to 2 p.m., Dec. 13) – Families can experiment with printmaking techniques to create holiday cards and envelopes at the FREE Mail Art! Workshop. Visit secondstatepress.org.
- PECO Family Jams at Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens (Noon to 4 p.m., Dec. 14) – Build your own gingerbread art using graham crackers, frosting, candy and more. Then tour the Magic Gardens to learn more about visionary art environments. PECO Family Jams is free with the price of admission. Visit phillymagicgardens.org.
- “Arthur and the Tale of the Red Dragon: A Musical Panto” at People’s Light and Theatre (January 1 to January 11) – This family-friendly show follows Arthur’s adventures as he discovers what it means to become a king. PECO customers can purchase tickets to performances at a 25% discount by using the promo code “PECO.” Visit peopleslight.org.
PECO proudly supports events that provide broad public exposure to the arts in communities that the company serves. To learn more about PECO’s community support of the arts, visit peco.com/community.
Based in Philadelphia, PECO is an electric and natural gas utility subsidiary of Exelon Corporation (NYSE: EXC). PECO serves 1.6 million electric and more than 500,000 natural gas customers in southeastern Pennsylvania and employs about 2,400 people in the region. PECO delivered 85.7 billion cubic feet of natural gas and 37.8 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity in 2013. Founded in 1881, PECO is one of the Greater Philadelphia Region's most active corporate citizens, providing leadership, volunteer and financial support to numerous arts and culture, education, environmental, economic development and community programs and organizations. For more information visit PECO.com, and connect with the company on Facebook and Twitter.