CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Groupon today announced a campaign to raise funds for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, as well as campaigns to raise funds for Kiva, DonorsChoose.org and ioby. To join in the spirit of Giving Tuesday, Groupon will match funds collected for each of these campaigns in the United States, up to $25,000 per campaign and $100,000 total. In addition, each $10 donation to the Groupon campaign for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS will automatically enter contributors into a sweepstakes* for a chance to win a trip to New York City, including VIP tickets to the new play, The River, on Broadway and a meet-and-greet after the show with the star and two-time Tony Award-winner, Hugh Jackman. All details can be found at www.groupon.com/hugh.
“One of my favorite charities is Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS,” said Hugh Jackman. “Please join me in supporting this worthwhile organization that is making a difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of men, women and children across the country who are facing serious health challenges. And I look forward to you seeing The River and saying hello after the show.”
One winner of the sweepstakes will receive:
- Two VIP tickets to see the evening showing of The River on Saturday, January 17, 2015
- Post-show meet and greet with Hugh Jackman
- Backstage tour of The River at Broadway’s Circle in the Square Theatre
- The River poster, autographed by Hugh Jackman and the cast
- $250 for dinner at a New York City restaurant
- Round trip coach airfare for two to New York City
- Three-night stay in a junior suite with one king bed at the 4-star DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York
- Ground transportation from the NYC airport to the hotel and from the hotel back to the NYC airport
The sweepstakes ends at 11:59 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 15. The winner will be drawn on Tuesday, December 16.
Groupon will match up to $100,000 in contributions to the campaigns (maximum of $25,000 per campaign):
- Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS -- Even after the curtain falls, Broadway actors find ways to give more and share with their audiences. Many of the talented artists who draw crowds into the Circle in the Square, Belasco, Shubert, St. James, New Amsterdam and other historic Broadway theatres dedicate their time offstage to helping others. For more than two decades, Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS has been at the forefront of the fight against AIDS. Since its founding in 1988, the organization has raised awareness and more than $250 million to ensure that people living with HIV/AIDS and other serious illnesses have access to the medications and support they need for their treatments to be effective.
- Kiva -- Kiva is a non-profit organization working to alleviate poverty by connecting people around the world through microlending. With as little as a $25 loan, anyone can help a borrower create new opportunities for themselves and their family. Together with more than 750,000 Kiva lenders and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva has created economic opportunity for more than 800,000 borrowers. Since its inception in 2005, Kiva lenders have funded more than $325 million in loans with a 98.9% repayment rate. Visit www.kiva.org for more information.
- DonorsChoose.org -- DonorsChoose.org is an online charity that makes it easy for anyone to help students in need. To support a classroom, you can make a donation of any size at www.donorschoose.org.
- ioby -- ioby is a crowd-resourcing platform for citizen-led neighbor-funded projects. The mission is to strengthen neighborhoods by supporting the leaders in them who want to make positive change, engaging their neighbors, one block at a time.
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) is a global leader of local commerce and the place you start when you want to buy just about anything, anytime, anywhere. By leveraging the company’s global relationships and scale, Groupon offers consumers a vast marketplace of unbeatable deals all over the world. Shoppers discover the best a city has to offer on the web or on mobile with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods.
Groupon is redefining how traditional small businesses attract, retain and interact with customers by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deal campaigns, credit card payment processing capabilities, and point-of-sale solutions that help businesses grow and operate more effectively. To search for great deals or subscribe to Groupon emails, visit www.Groupon.com. To download Groupon's five-star mobile apps, visit www.groupon.com/mobile. To learn more about the company’s merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visit www.GrouponWorks.com.
*No donation is necessary to enter or win, and a donation will not increase your chances of winning. To enter without donation, go to http://www.groupon.com/pages/entry-hugh-jackman or if you are in Germany go to http://www.groupon.de/hugh. See Official Rules for additional requirements. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. Void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes only open to legal residents of the U.S. & D.C., Toronto, Canada, Vancouver, Canada, Chile, France, Germany, Netherlands, Puerto Rico, Spain, and UK. Must be 18+. Entry period ends: 11:59 p.m. EST on 12/15/14. ARV of prize: $4983. Sponsor: Groupon, Inc., 600 West Chicago Avenue, Ste. 400, Chicago, IL 60654 and a number of other companies in the Groupon group of companies.