DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8kzcs5/gate_driver_unit) has announced the addition of the "Gate Driver Unit (GDU) Market for Power Transistors" report to their offering.
As An Integral Part Of A Powerstack's Brain, Gate Driver Boards Continue To Improve Power Module And Stack Performance. A 10% CAGR Is Forecast For The Gate Driver Board Market From 2013-2020. The Market Will Reach A Total Value Of -Us$250M By 2020, Driven By Renewable Energies, Smart-Grid Implementation And Automotive Applications.
Currently, performance improvement and increased system reliability are two important energy efficiency trends for reducing energy consumption. This is particularly essential for new wideband gap material, which offers higher frequency and temperature capabilities. In this context, the GDU must be improved to allow suitable performance for power transistors.
The objectives of the report are to:
- Review the technological challenges and solutions for GDU (also called gate driver board - GDB) dedicated to power electronics applications
- Provide a comprehensive overview of the GDU playground
- Offer an in-depth analysis of GDU technology and cost aspects dedicated to power electronics applications
- Review a theoretical business model discussion
- Evaluate market volume and market size through 2020
A GDU MARKET WHICH CLOSELY FOLLOWS THE POWER MARKET'S OVERALL EVOLUTION
Our market forecast and analysis takes into account GDUs that are only used inside power modules and IPM (i.e. > 400V & > 3 amps). ASPs depend on the architecture implemented within the power module.
The GDU market will grow through 2020 at a 10% CAGR. The power device market's recent instability (huge growth in 2011 followed by a big drop in 2012) had a strong impact on power module sales, and consequently on GDUs. This report evaluates the potential future growth of the GDU market, which depends on the following power electronics market trends:
- Significant increase in the automotive sector following EV and HEV ramp-up
- Renewable energies and smart-grid implementation driving industry sector ramp-up
- Steady erosion of the consumer segment, including UPS, due to price pressure. However, volume (units) will continue increasing.
This report analyzes and forecasts the GDU market and related applications (i.e. for power transistors, including silicon, GaN and SiC materials). It also includes GDU 2013 - 2020 market forecasts for the following applications: high-power EV/HEV, PV, wind, UPS, motor drive and rail traction.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive summary
2. Latest news
3. Overall power electronics markets
4. GDU technology introduction
5. GDU players overview
6. GDU industrial supply chain
7. GDU 2010-2020 market forecast analysis
8. General conclusions
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8kzcs5/gate_driver_unit