SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Long lines, hurried customers and frantic doorbusters--Black Friday employees have a long day ahead and SpoonRocket’s got their back. The on-demand food delivery start-up announced today they will deliver a free meal to Black Friday retail employees, as part of its Buy One, Get One, Give One promotion this week.
SpoonRocket will offer Buy One, Get One, Give One meals to San Francisco and East Bay residents from Monday, November 24th through Sunday, November 30th, excluding Thanksgiving Day. When customers place their online order for one of SpoonRocket’s healthy, fresh meals delivered curbside within 15 minutes, they will get a second meal at no cost. In addition, SpoonRocket will deliver a free meal to Black Friday retail employees who use the promotion code online on Friday, November 28th.
“For the first time, Black Friday employees are first in line for a great deal,” said SpoonRocket Chief Executive Officer Steven Hsiao. “We’re inviting SpoonRocket fans to join us in recognizing retail employees’ hard work by getting them a free meal on a day when they need it most.”
Black Friday employees can receive their free meal by placing their order on Friday November 28th through Spoonrocket.com or the SpoonRocket app and entering the code THANKS at check out. Meals will be delivered on Friday to retail employees on the job in San Francisco and the East Bay areas. Offer good on a first come, first served basis.
“Imagine being a retail employee and you’ve been on your feet all day and getting anything to eat much less a hot meal seems impossible,” said Hsiao. “SpoonRocket is standing by to help those retail employees get great food in their hands fast.”
Buy One, Get One, Give One meals throughout the week are limited to one a day per customer. Hot entrees and salads are $8, free delivery. The menu for the week includes:
- Monday: Slow-poached chicken breast, vegetarian potstickers and salmon Nicoise
- Tuesday: Slow-cooked Korean beef short rib stew, tortellini alfredo and soba noodle salad
- Wednesday: Turkey dinner, French onion style braised chicken, lasagna Florentine with béchamel sauce and albacore tuna salad
- Friday: Slow-braised boneless beef short ribs, slow-cooked BBQ baby back ribs, green chile & monterey jack macaroni & cheese and Greek salad
- Saturday: Buffalo wings & blue cheese dressing, homemade meatloaf and vegetarian 7-layer dip & tortilla chips
- Sunday: Buffalo wings & blue cheese dressing, spaghetti & meatballs and vegetarian 7-layer dip & tortilla chips
SpoonRocket will continue its holiday giving offers throughout December, with a month-long charitable program delivering meals to local food banks.
SpoonRocket, founded in 2013, serves San Francisco and the East Bay by delivering healthy high-quality meals to your curb within 15 minutes. The company offers three meals a day, which include omnivore and vegetarian options designed by Executive Chef Barney Brown, previously of The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus. For more information, visit www.spoonrocket.com, Facebook or follow SpoonRocket on Twitter.