DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dch7jc/global_media_and) has announced the addition of the "Global Media and Entertainment Video Transcoder Market" report to their offering.
This research service covers video transcoders which are used to transform digital video into a multitude of content packages for a variety of distribution scenarios. The market is analysed through the production transcoding and multiscreen transcoding segments. Evaluation of the market includes revenue forecasts and demand for solutions over a period spanning 2013 through 2020, with 2013 as the base year. Factors driving and restraining the growth of the market, along with trends and key challenges faced by the industry, have also been identified and discussed in this report.
- The the global media and entertainment video encoders and transcoders industry, as a whole, has see considerable upheaval in 2013 and 2014. While operators are demanding greater simplicity and higher throughput, vendors have struggled with falling prices and commoditization.
- A series of M&A transactions have reshaped the market: Imagine Communications (including Harris Broadcast and Digital Rapids) is a harbinger of how other large vendors may evolve; MAM company Dalet's acquisition of post-production transcoding star Amberfin points to ongoing drive for consolidation. A number of companies entered the SaaS transcoding fray, including popular streaming server vendor Wowza.
- In terms of products, there is now limited value to differentiating on complexity of workflows and ability to handle niche formats. Key differentiators today are speed, cost, agility, and density. The cloud is adding a new dimension of promise for improved scalability and lowered cost but is a dramatically different new architectural paradigm for traditional hardware-centric vendors.
- Software is the new normal, with cloud buzzwords like software-defined gaining popularity. At the same time, customers remain confused about the best option from a long-term-cost-of-ownership or business perspective.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints - Total M&E Video Transcoder Market
4. Forecasts and Trends - Total M&E Video Transcoder Market
5. PESTLE Analysis - Total M&E Video Transcoder Market
6. Market Share and Competitive Analysis - Total M&E Video Transcoder Market
7. Production Video Transcoder Segment Breakdown
8. Multiscreen Video Transcoder Segment Breakdown
9. The Last Word
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dch7jc/global_media_and