MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Graco Inc. (NYSE:GGG) has introduced Graco Blue, Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) dispensing solutions that safely dispense and prevent contamination of DEF fluid. Whether for a small garage, large dealership, or heavy equipment maintenance facility, Graco has a complete line of durable, high-quality pump packages to help manage DEF and reduce vehicle emissions in automobiles, buses, heavy-duty trucks, and off-road vehicles.
Graco Blue covers a wide variety of DEF applications with the LD Blue or SD Blue pumps and packages. Graco LD Blue electric pumps and packages are designed for quick, easy installation and dispensing for smaller applications with runs up to 50 feet. They provide long-lasting efficiency and high-performance in a compact, no hassle design. For larger applications, the Graco SD Blue pneumatic powered pumps are designed for superior performance and are capable of higher output over longer runs up to 200 feet. Both lines of pumps are available for mounting on drums or tote containers.
“Graco Blue provides the flexibility to allow our customers to choose from configured packages or build a custom DEF system specific to their application,” said Laura Evanson, Graco Product Marketing Manager. “Every solution is designed with the highest-quality components for trouble-free operation.”
Key Features and Benefits of Graco Blue Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) solutions:
- Flexible installation & mounting. Whether dispensing from a drum or an IBC tote container, Graco has the solution. Everything you need comes in one box to get you up and running fast.
- Solutions for every application. From the economical hand pumps to the high-performance electric or pneumatic pumps, LD Blue and SD Blue provide the right pump for the right application.
- Built-in safety & reliability. LD Blue electric pumps feature a built-in 6.5 minute timer to automatically turn the pump off and maximize its life.
- Reduced maintenance. LD Blue electric pumps are self-priming membrane pumps, which have no need for a dynamic seal.
- Premium offering for high-end applications. SD Blue Deluxe packages feature premium oil resistant hoses with crimped stainless steel fittings–eliminates leaking at joints and prevents crystallization.
- Increase productivity. Powerful design has adequate suction and lift for deep tanks, totes, and longer lines. SD Blue is recommended for applications with runs up to 200ft.
- Full line of complementary products. Select from automatic or manual dispense nozzles, closed-system couplers, in-line digital meters, hose reels, mounting brackets, fittings, and dispense and suction hoses.
Controlling Diesel Engine Emissions
In an effort to improve air quality, in 2010, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) mandated strict emission control standards for modern light- and heavy-duty diesel engines to significantly reduce engine emissions, particularly Nitrogen Oxide (Nox) and particulate matter. In order to comply with EPA emission standards, vehicle manufacturers use Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology, which requires a DEF tank to be filled regularly. SCR technology utilizes DEF to convert Nox gases into harmless nitrogen gas emissions.
What is DEF?
DEF is a solution that is injected into the exhaust stream of modern diesel engines with SCR technology. It consists of high purity urea (typically crystalline) that is dissolved and suspended within de-ionized water. DEF is a non-hazardous solution that is clear and colorless.
For more information on Graco Blue DEF Solutions, visit www.graco.com/def or call 1-800-533-9655.
Graco Inc. supplies technology and expertise for the management of fluids and coatings in both industrial and commercial applications. It designs, manufactures and markets systems and equipment to move, measure, control, dispense, and spray fluid and powder materials. A recognized leader in its specialties, Minneapolis-based Graco serves customers around the world in the manufacturing, processing, construction, and maintenance industries. For additional information about Graco Inc., please visit us at www.graco.com or on Twitter @GracoInc.