NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Bloomberg, the leading provider of data, news and analytics for the business community, today opens “The Year Ahead: 2015” Summit in Washington D.C. The international gathering of CEOs is part of the second annual installment of the immersive, data-rich, global media “The Year Ahead” franchise which provides forward-looking insight to the C-Suite on the industries, companies, products, people and trends poised to emerge in 2015. “The Year Ahead” is designed to help these executives better understand and manage the challenges their businesses will face in the months to come.
Rooted in proprietary Bloomberg data and analysis, the franchise includes The Year Ahead Summit, a special issue of Bloomberg Businessweek, the interactive Bloomberg Industry Market Leaderboard, and other content on the Web, mobile, Bloomberg Radio and Bloomberg Television.
“As 2014 draws to a close, it seems each day brings news of a different global challenge,” said Justin B. Smith, CEO, Bloomberg Media Group. “The Year Ahead: 2015 arms anxious business executives with actionable information and high-level conversations – the tools for confident decision making in the coming year. Whether through attending The Year Ahead Summit, reading the special issue of Bloomberg Businessweek or exploring proprietary Bloomberg data digitally, these leaders will have a clear sense of how to seize tomorrow’s opportunities.”
The Year Ahead: 2015 Summit opens this evening with a dinner at the National Portrait Gallery and Smithsonian American Art Museum, featuring a discussion with Mike Bloomberg and LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner. The Summit continues on November 14th at the United States Institute of Peace, where more than 40 leaders from industries spanning finance, retail, tech, pharma, education, politics and more will guide attendees through a deep- dive into the strategic, technological and geopolitical issues impacting companies in 2015. The wide-ranging agenda of Bloomberg’s The Year Ahead: 2015 Summit will tackle cybersecurity, the growing role of mobility and social platforms, rising energy needs, turmoil in the Middle East, corporate tax reform and more. A full list of Summit speakers appears below. To learn more go to Bloomberg.com/TYA2015
Bloomberg Businessweek’s The Year Ahead: 2015, a special 168-page issue on newsstands November 7th, is the ultimate guide to the companies, economies, products, and innovators that will matter in 2015. Divided into five sections—economics, technology, politics, energy, and retail—the issue’s stories, charts, illustrations, and analyses, along with a 24-page “Facts & Figures” data well ranking the world’s biggest companies by market share within their industries, take readers around the world. Bloomberg Businessweek’s unique editorial attitude makes it an amusing, and still highly educational, trip. The Year Ahead issue remains Businessweek’s largest issue of the year for a second year running. For more, visit Businessweek.com/YearAhead.
The Bloomberg Industry Market Leaderboard is a dynamic tool on Bloomberg.com that lets visitors compare 600 companies leading 55 global industries, from Telecom to Oil & Gas to IT Services. The analysis goes beyond traditional size data to include industry-specific measures and proprietary forward-looking metrics to provide the kind of insight business leaders need to spot trends and assess their standing versus competitors. A portion of the data automatically updates each market day making it a real-time, and truly unique, resource. The Bloomberg Industry Leaderboard is at Bloomberg.com/leaderboard.
Coverage of The Year Ahead: 2015 Summit, key elements from the Bloomberg Businessweek issue, and original digital content will run across multiple Bloomberg media platforms including Bloomberg.com, Businessweek.com, Bloomberg Television, Bloomberg Radio, and Bloomberg’s suite of mobile apps. On November 18, Bloomberg TV will air a one-hour prime-time special on the innovations that are set to disrupt our lives in 2015.
In Bloomberg Businessweek’s The Year Ahead: 2015 special issue, OppenheimerFunds, Inc. has sponsored Tom Keene's EconoChat and NTT Communications has sponsored the annual Facts & Figures section. Cisco, OppenheimerFunds, Inc. and Samsung serve as major digital and mobile sponsors, while Germany Trade & Invest and T. Rowe Price will lead the franchise’s presence on television and radio, respectively. Summit sponsors are Samsung, NTT Communications, PwC, State Street Global Advisors, and RetailMeNot, Inc. with support from The Rockefeller Foundation.
Full list of speakers at the Bloomberg’s The Year Ahead: 2015 Summit on November 14:
● General Keith B. Alexander, CEO & President, IronNet
● Maryam Banikarim, CMO, Gannett
● Rich Barton, Co-Founder & Chairman, Zillow & Glassdoor
● David Bonderman, Founding Partner, TPG Capital
● Heather Bresch, CEO, Mylan
● Barbara Bush, CEO & Co-Founder, Global Health Corps
● Jim G. Coulter, Chairman, TPG Capital
● Shawn Duffy, Director, Security Services, FusionX
● Benedict Evans, Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
● Carolyn Everson, VP, Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook
● Keith Ferrazzi, CEO, Ferrazzi Greenlight
● Geno Germano, Group President, Global Innovative Pharma Business, Pfizer
● Kazuhiro Gomi, President & CEO, NTT America
● Melvin Greer, Senior Fellow & Chief Strategist, Lockheed Martin
● Mindy Grossman, CEO, HSN, Inc.
● Harold Hamm, Chairman, CEO & Founder, Continental Resources
● Gerald L. Hassell, Chairman & CEO, Bank of New York Mellon
● Mark S. Hoplamazian, President & CEO, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
● John Hultquist, Senior Manager, iSight
● Andrea Illy, Chairman & CEO, illycaffé S.p.A.
● Claudia Juech, Associate VP, Managing Director for Strategic Research, The Rockefeller Foundation
● Raymond W. Kelly, President of Risk Management Services, Cushman & Wakefield
● David Kenny, Chairman & CEO, The Weather Company
● David Laibson, Robert I. Goldman Professor of Economics, Harvard University
● James B. Lee, Jr., Vice Chairman, JPMorgan Chase
● Eugene A. Ludwig, Founder & CEO, Promontory Financial Group
● Terry J. Lundgren, Chairman & CEO, Macy’s
● Ross Martin, EVP, Marketing Strategy & Engagement, Viacom Media Networks
● Karen Gordon Mills, Senior Fellow, Harvard Business School & Harvard Kennedy School
● Kristi Mitchem, EVP & Head of the Americas, Institutional Client Group, State Street Global Advisors
● Michael E. Murphy, Partner, Revolution Agency
● Vikram S. Pandit, Chairman, TGG Group
● Ronald C. Parker, President & CEO, Executive Leadership Council
● Thomas A. Petrie, Chairman, Petrie Partners
● Bob Pittman, Chairman & CEO, iHeartMedia
● Kevin Plank, Founder & CEO, Under Armour
● Ellen Richey, EVP, Chief Legal Officer & Chief Enterprise Risk officer, Visa
● Lyndon Rive, Co-Founder & CEO, SolarCity
● Dennis Ross, Counselor, The Washington Institute for Near East Policy
● Tim Ryan, Vice Chairman, Markets, Strategy & Stakeholders Leader, PwC
● Jane Shaw, Director, Yahoo
● Debora Spar, President, Barnard College
● Bob Stasio, Fellow, Truman National Security Project
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 320,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,500 people in 192 locations around the world. For more information visit www.Bloomberg.com/now/.