CLEVELAND--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cleveland, Ohio-based Mace Security International, Inc. and Hudson, Ohio-based National School Control Systems, LLC are pleased to announce a joint marketing agreement for safety and security products with the focus on the Bearacade® Door Control System. The target markets for these systems include educational, corporate, nonprofit, and government institutions.
National School Control System recently was selected by Campus Safety Magazine as BEST 2014 Physical Security Device for their patent-pending Bearacade® Door Control System. Bearacade has been adopted as part of the emergency operations plans of 72 schools and institutions in 17 states in the US. The device is designed for hostile intruder and active shooter incidents where it is safer to shelter in place than evacuate. Bearacade deploys in seconds on interior classroom and office doors, securing inward and outward-swinging doors, thus providing valuable time before law enforcement arrives.
Garnett Meador, Senior Vice President of Mace®, said, “We are excited to work with National School Control Systems and we believe the Bearacade® offers a new layer of added security for multiple markets throughout North America and beyond. It is a complete door lock-down system, at a very affordable price.”
Bill Cushwa, Founder and CEO of National School Control Systems, added, “The combination of products and professionalism of our two companies offers a great solution and a comprehensive experience for each of our customers. As we partner with our client institutions, we have the confidence in Mace® to share their expertise as a seamless and complementary partner.” Cushwa added, “We are excited to be working with one of the world’s best-known brands - 'Mace® Brand' - and the excellent team behind that brand. We believe this is an ideal situation to be able to utilize the strengths of both companies and ultimately benefit countless organizations.”
Bearacade® devices are available for shipping today. Products from both companies are on display and being demonstrated this week at the Ohio School Board Association’s Capital Conference and Expo at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio.
About Mace Security International, Inc.
(OTCPINK: MACE) Mace® Brand Means Security
Mace Security International, Inc., located in Cleveland, Ohio, is a diversified manufacturer and provider of personal defense and security products to consumer and business market segments under the world renowned Mace® Brand.
Mace® Brand directly distributes and supports its branded products and services through strategically targeted customer channels that include mass market retailers, wholesale distributors, independent dealers, e-commerce marketers, and installation service providers.
- Personal Defense Products: Mace® Brand is the original trusted brand of pepper spray products for self-defense against attacks by people and animals. Mace® Brand has over 40 years experience developing aerosol defense spray dispensing technologies for both the consumer and law enforcement markets around the world.
- Personal & Home Protection Products: Mace® Brand produces portable safety solutions for every personal and home protection need. We design and manufacture products, which provide peace of mind for our consumers.
- Electronic Security & Surveillance Products: Mace® Brand has an entire line of high quality security cameras, digital video recorders, observation monitors and installation accessories for CCTV and IP network-based video surveillance, as well as wireless alarm security systems for local and remote monitoring. We design and manufacture surveillance equipment for every need, with both analog to high definition solutions.
- Personal Security & Safety Wearables: Mace Wear™ is a family of products that features innovative wearable devices related to safety, security and overall personal well-being and is supported by strategic partnerships between Mace Security International, Inc., and innovative technology companies.
- Security Monitoring Services: Mace® Brand partners with Security Partners which owns three UL/ETL/CSAA Five Star listed central monitoring stations throughout the USA providing full-service security & life-safety alarm monitoring to the wholesale security trade.
About National School Control Systems, LLC
Formed in Hudson, Ohio in May 2013, National School Control Systems was formed around the patent-pending and trademarked device, Bearacade® Door Control System. National School Control Systems provides Emergency Operations Planning consulting and wayfinder signs for schools and businesses.