AIRPORT CITY, Israel & CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OriginGPS today announced the launch of the Nano Spider, the world’s smallest fully integrated GPS receiver. The Nano Spider module is designed to support ultra-compact applications where size is at a premium, such as smart watches, wearable devices, trackers and digital cameras.
OriginGPS, which previously introduced the world’s smallest GPS module, the Micro Spider (5.6x5.6 mm), set a new record once again with the Nano Spider, a fully-integrated, highly-sensitive GPS receiver module that is 47 percent smaller than previous solutions, measuring just 4x4x2.1mm. Its proprietary structure is a multi-level circuit for surface mounting, built to reduce footprint size.
“The wearable technology trend requires components that balance a small size with high-performance and best-in-class power consumption,” said Gal Jacobi, CEO of OriginGPS. “OriginGPS aims to continue to shrink the size of components, while increasing features to make adding location functionality possible for every device.”
OriginGPS’ Nano Spider continuously tracks all GPS satellites in view and provides real-time positioning data in the standard industry format defined by the U.S. National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA). The Nano Spider offers a complete System in Package (SiP) that includes:
- Fully integrated features – Unlike competitors’ miniature GPS modules, it includes a low noise amplifier (LNA), surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter, temperature controlled crystal oscillator (TCXO) and real time clock (RTC) crystal, a power management unit, and radio frequency (RF) shielding.
- Superior sensitivity and performance – The Nano Spider module offers accuracy of approximately one meter, achieves a rapid time to first fix (TTFF) of less than one second and tracking sensitivity of -163dBm.
- Continuous connectivity with minimal power consumption – It achieves a state of near continuous availability by detecting changes in context, temperature and satellite signals by maintaining and opportunistically updating its internal fine time, frequency, and satellite data, while consuming microwatts of battery power.
- Improving marginal signal conditions – It includes OriginGPS’ proprietary Noise Free Zone (NFZ™) system to increase noise immunity even under marginal signal conditions, such as urban canyons, under dense foliage or a rapidly-changing receiver position.
To see a demo of the Nano Spider and Nano Hornet modules, visit OriginGPS’ booth (Hall A4 Booth 271) at Electronica 2014 in Munich, Germany.
- For more information on the Nano Spider, click here.
- To find out where to buy OriginGPS’ GPS / GNSS solutions, click here.
- Follow OriginGPS on LinkedIn.
OriginGPS, Nano Spider, Nano Hornet, GPS Module, GPS Receiver, GPS Antenna Module, Wearables, Wearable Technology, Smart Watches, Internet of Things, GPS, GNSS, Navigation, Electronica
OriginGPS is a world-leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of miniaturized GNSS modules (“Spider” family), antenna modules (“Hornet” family) and antenna solutions. OriginGPS introduces unparalleled sensitivity and noise immunity by incorporating its proprietary Noise Free Zone technology for faster position fix and navigation stability even under challenging satellite signal conditions.