LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Over the past 18 months, Kronos Incorporated has made significant investments in its Workforce Central and Workforce Ready solutions to drive innovative features specifically designed for the benefit of human resources (HR). These enhancements to HR and operations functionality help streamline tedious processes, improve productivity, maintain compliance, and improve employee engagement for enterprises and SMBs.
Central 7, the industry-leading suite designed to make
workforce management easier than ever, added several features with the
HR professional in mind, including:
- A new user interface designed to be more intuitive and responsive with a modernized look and feel that improves and empowers self-service functionality; provides easier access to content; and drives productivity improvements through automation in a more usable fashion.
- Advanced search and detailed query functionality to provide HR professionals with access to all employee record content – such as title, department, benefits information, compensation, and absence information – at the touch of a button across the entire product suite.
- The marriage of social collaboration and workforce management that provides employees and managers with a forum to collaborate and streamline operations within the Workforce Central suite. HR professionals can now leverage social collaboration tools as a way to motivate and recognize employees, as well as drive increased employee engagement through open communication and creation of social workplace competitions.
- Mobile access for talent acquisition that delivers an automatically optimized view to job applicants’ mobile devices to improve the candidate experience through ease of use and on-the-go convenience.
- Innovations to activities tracking functionality specifically designed for the manufacturing, public sector, and professional services industries provides HR with electronic data points for performance reviews and/or to build future best-fit candidate profiles.
- Improved, intuitive, and interactive reporting for HR and payroll provides instant access and visibility to standardized and accurate data, alerts, and dashboards with a comprehensive list of day-to-day activities.
release of Kronos Workforce Ready, which delivers
enterprise-class workforce management solutions in the cloud to small
and midsize businesses (SMBs), has evolved from a core HR and payroll
product to provide HR professionals with a single system employee
record from pre-hire to retire that eliminates administrative tasks
and provides quick access to information for both employees and
administrators with new features including:
- Benefits management, more robust standard reports, and new employee self-service options to ensure accuracy and ease of use while making enrollment less time-consuming, especially during open enrollment.
- A complete compensation management add-on module that helps HR and department managers work closely together to plan, budget, and model merit increases and allocations.
- Out-of-the-box workflows for new hire, termination, re-hire, promotions, demotions, transfers, and benefit enrollments as well as a configurable workflow engine that enables consistent policy execution and more efficient processes. Workflow timelines are also available with the ability to define customer filters within the workflow process.
- Customized, automated onboarding to speed time to productivity with checklists, timelines, workflows, and the ability to input unique company documentation for paperless HR.
- Enterprise-class recruitment with a personalized online applicant view and tools to easily work with hiring managers to streamline the hiring process.
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance management visibility for benefit eligibility as the Employer Shared Responsibility deadline rapidly approaches, including notifications for employees nearing full-time status that can be mapped to affordable healthcare plans.
- Leave management enhancements complete with ability to add unique company forms and drive better decisions.
- Workforce Ready Marketplace provides a portal for HR professionals to access additional Kronos and third-party applications right from the Workforce Ready interface, including Workforce Talent Acquisition Express.
- Aron Ain, chief executive officer, Kronos
“Human resources professionals have played a major role in the evolution of the workforce management landscape, and we’re working closely with HR users to ensure our product innovations make their days more efficient and effective. With continued enhancements to Workforce Central and Workforce Ready, Kronos helps organizations large and small move the needle in a positive direction in areas that matter most to HR: onboarding, employee engagement, benefits administration, employee turnover, leave management, and talent acquisition.”
- Mollie Lombardi, vice president and principal analyst, Brandon Hall Group’s Workforce Management practice
“The opportunity to drive performance through talent and the risks associated with not managing it well have never been greater. Keeping up with compliance and regulatory needs, while also building engagement and improving performance, is a critical challenge. Organizations of all sizes need tools that help them deploy, manage, measure, and report on their workforce efficiently and effectively. And they need both the data and the insight to make better decisions every day. Addressing these critical needs is at the core of the enhancements Kronos is bringing to market.”
- Laurie McCabe, cofounder and partner, SMB Group
“Kronos has made a concerted effort to not only bring the power of enterprise-class workforce management software to SMBs across the world, but to also empower HR professionals with critical tools to make their jobs easier, more efficient, and, above all, more impactful. By delivering talent, compensation management, better self-service and usability, and actionable reports through the cloud, Kronos continues to empower SMB HR managers.”
- Linda Pintor, vice president of human resources, Magnetek
“We’ve been a Workforce Central user since 2006 and the solution has evolved to provide increased value that HR departments depend upon. The new user interface is sleek and more intuitive, which benefits employees and managers alike, while features such as the improved search tools and impressive reporting capabilities of Workforce Central 7 help HR pros keep their finger on the pulse of the entire organization.”
- Norma Prisock, HR director, The Texas Book Company
“Since Workforce Ready is managed in the Kronos Cloud, our organization immediately takes advantage of the latest and greatest features following each release. The recent fall release continues to improve the user experience while providing critical HR tools that enhance our processes throughout the entire employee lifecycle. As a midsize business with limited HR and IT resources, having this information at our fingertips with the ability to generate meaningful reports is critical to our organization.”
- This announcement was made from KronosWorks, the world’s largest workforce information exchange. KronosWorks is taking place this week in Las Vegas.
- See live updates and join the conversation by using #KronosWorks on Twitter.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2014 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.