--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Emulex Corporation:
Emulex Corporation (NYSE:ELX) will present to investors attending the RBC Capital Markets Conference on Tuesday, November 11, 2014 at 6:35 a.m. Pacific time. Emulex President and Chief Executive Officer, Jeff Benck will host the presentation. The presentation can be heard and viewed live on the Internet via a webcast at www.emulex.com. The archived version of Emulex’s presentation will be available for seven days following the conference in the audio archive section of the Company’s website.
|Tuesday, November 11, 2014 at 6:35 a.m. PST|
Emulex, a leader in network connectivity, monitoring and management, provides hardware and software solutions for global networks that support enterprise, cloud, government and telecommunications. Emulex’s products enable unrivaled end-to-end application visibility, optimization and acceleration. The Company's I/O connectivity offerings, including its line of ultra high-performance Ethernet and Fibre Channel-based connectivity products, have been designed into server and storage solutions from leading OEMs, including Cisco, Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, Huawei, IBM, NetApp and Oracle, and can be found in the data centers of nearly all of the Fortune 1000. Emulex’s monitoring and management solutions, including its portfolio of network visibility and recording products, provide organizations with complete network performance management at speeds up to 100Gb Ethernet. Emulex is headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., and has offices and research facilities in North America, Asia and Europe. For more information about Emulex (NYSE:ELX) please visit http://www.Emulex.com.
Emulex Safe Harbor Statement
"Safe Harbor'' Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: With the exception of historical information, the statements set forth above contain forward-looking statements that involve risk and uncertainties. We expressly disclaim any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or changes to these forward-looking statements that may be made to reflect any future events or circumstances. We wish to caution readers that actual future results could differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements as a result of a variety of factors, including those discussed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our recent filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, under the caption “Risk Factors.” Those factors and the factors listed below could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements:
- faster than anticipated declines in the demand for storage networking and fiber channel and slower than expected growth of the converged networking market or the failure of our Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers to successfully incorporate our products into their systems;
- the highly competitive nature of the markets for our products as well as pricing pressures that may result from such competitive conditions and the emergence of new or stronger competitors as a result of consolidation movements in the market;
- our dependence on a limited number of customers and the effects of the loss of, decrease in or delays of orders by any such customers or the failure of our OEM customers to successfully incorporate our products into their systems;
- our reliance on a limited number of third-party suppliers and subcontractors for components and assembly, many of which are located outside of the United States;
- the effect on our margins of rapid migration of technology and product substitution by customers, including transitions from application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) solutions to boards for selected applications and higher-end to lower-end products, mezzanine card products or modular Local Area Network (LAN) on Motherboard (LOMs);
- the non-linearity and variability in the level of our revenue resulting from the variable and seasonal procurement patterns of our customers;
- the possibility that our goodwill could become impaired in the near term which would result in a non-cash charge and could adversely affect our reported GAAP operating results;
- any inadequacy of our intellectual property protection or our ability to obtain necessary licenses or other intellectual property rights on commercially reasonable terms;
- our ability to attract and retain key technical personnel;
- our ability to respond quickly to technological developments and to benefit from our research and development activities as well as government grants related thereto and delays in product development;
- intellectual property and other litigation against us, with or without merit, that could result in substantial attorneys’ fees and costs, cause product shipment delays, loss of patent rights, monetary damages, costs associated with product or component redesigns and require us to indemnify customers or enter into royalty or licensing agreements, which may or may not be available;
- our dependence on sales and product production outside of the United States so that our results could be affected by adverse economic, social, political and infrastructure conditions in those countries;
- that we may fail to realize the anticipated benefits from the acquisition of Endace Limited (Endace) on a timely basis or at all which could result in an impairment of assets or be unable to complete the integration of Endace’s technology into our existing operations in a timely and efficient manner;
- the effect of any actual or potential unsolicited offers to acquire us, proxy contests or the activities of activist investors;
- weakness in domestic and worldwide macro-economic conditions, currency exchange rate fluctuations or potential disruptions in world credit and equity markets; terrorist activities, natural disasters, or general economic or political instability and any resulting disruption in our supply chain or customer purchasing patterns; and
- changes in tax rates or legislation, accounting standards and other regulatory changes.
All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.