MILWAUKEE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Roundy’s, Inc. (“Roundy’s”) (NYSE: RNDY), a leading grocer in the Midwest, will welcome customers to its newest Mariano’s location in Westchester, Ill., at 6 a.m. tomorrow. Located at 3020 Wolf Road, Mariano’s Westchester is the final former Dominick’s store to open as a Mariano’s, following Roundy’s acquisition of 11 Dominick’s locations in December 2013.
“The Westchester opening marks a significant moment for Mariano’s,” said Bob Mariano, chairman and CEO of Roundy’s. “Today we celebrate not only our 29th location, but also the signature grocery experience, excellent customer service and quality one-stop shopping that Mariano’s has brought to 16 new communities over the past 12 months. I am proud to close a fantastic year with the opening of our Westchester store.”
Mariano’s Westchester will feature the unique store offerings that are hallmarks of the Mariano’s grocery experience, such as an in-store grill where fresh meat and seafood are prepared to each customer’s preference while they shop, a floral department showcasing more than 30 varieties of cut flower bunches, live piano music, a specialty cheese shop and a wine bar that also serves cold beer on tap.
Additionally, shoppers will enjoy store enhancements including:
- Vero featuring premium coffees fresh-roasted locally and homemade gelato prepared using traditional Italian techniques
- Todds BBQ offering daily smoked brisket, ribs, sausage and more, all with a variety of sauces to fit shoppers’ tastes
- Oyster Bar serving freshly shucked oysters to enjoy at home or in store
- Squeez’d smoothie bar showcasing a variety of made-to-order nutritional fruit and vegetable smoothies, plus Mariano’s signature fresh-squeezed orange and other fruit juices
- Full-service pharmacy with friendly and accessible pharmacists, immunization services, the Mariano’s Prescription Savings Club and the unique PharmaSmart Blood Pressure machine
In celebration of the new Mariano’s Westchester location, the Roundy’s Foundation will make a donation to the Village of Westchester Food Pantry as part of its ongoing commitment to making a positive impact in Mariano’s neighborhoods. The Food Pantry is run by a community of volunteers to serve residents of the Village and nearby communities.
Mariano’s Westchester is open seven days a week from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. The pharmacy is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Roundy’s is a leading grocer in the Midwest with nearly $4 billion in sales and more than 23,000 employees. Founded in Milwaukee in 1872, Roundy’s operates 148 retail grocery stores and 97 pharmacies under the Pick ’n Save, Copps, Metro Market and Mariano’s retail banners in Wisconsin and Illinois. Roundy’s is committed to helping the communities its stores serve through the Roundy’s Foundation. Chartered in 2003, the Roundy’s Foundation mission is to support organizations working to relieve hunger and helping families in crisis due to domestic abuse, neglect and other at-risk situations.