STOCKHOLM--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
Third quarter summary
- Axfood’s consolidated sales for the period July–September totalled SEK 9,756 m (9,465), an increase of 3.1%.
- Retail sales for Group-owned stores increased by 2.3% during the period. Like-for-like sales increased by 0.9% during the period.
- Operating profit for the period was SEK 453 m (382).
- Profit after financial items was SEK 448 m (376) for the period.
- Profit after tax totalled SEK 349 m (294) for the period, and earnings per share were SEK 6.63 (5.58).
- Axfood’s estimation is that profit for 2014 will exceed the level achieved in 2013.
Axfood AB conducts food retail and wholesale business in Sweden. Retail business is conducted through the wholly owned store chains Willys and Hemköp, comprising 254 stores in all. In addition, Axfood collaborates with a number of proprietor-run stores that are tied to Axfood through agreements. These include stores within the Hemköp as well as stores run under the Handlar’n and Tempo profiles. In all, Axfood collaborates with approximately 820 proprietor-run stores. Wholesaling is conducted through Dagab and Axfood Närlivs. Axfood is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm AB's Large Cap list. Axel Johnson AB is the principal owner, with 50,1% of the shares.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com