AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mozido, a global leader in mobile financial services, retail and loyalty, today announced the company has rolled out an initial mobile loyalty pilot program with El Salvador QSR franchise, Mister Donut. With 32 locations throughout the country, Mister Donut serves as more than just a local donut shop, but a culinary hub for the community that offers a full range of food services, from breakfast to lunch and dinner.
Mister Donut initially rolled out the mobile loyalty initiative, Orange World, with Mozido to seven of its restaurants in order to gain better insight into their customers’ behavior and encourage repeat business through a program that was easy to use. In order to determine the best mobile loyalty service for their customers, Mozido gathered in-depth market research on Mister Donut’s customers’ habits. With key insights, such as the frequency of restaurant visits, peak visit times and days, payment methods, actual dollar amount spent per customer in a period of time, and table and order sizes, Mozido was able to create a tailored mobile loyalty solution that organically fit into existing customer behavior.
With its plans to roll out the Mozido mobile loyalty program to all of its restaurants by January 2015, Mister Donut will improve its customer experience by:
- Replacing the outdated ‘punch card’ loyalty concept. Mister Donut customers can keep track of their loyalty points and progress anytime, anywhere.
- Implementing a customer segmentation process. Using customer-provided information and POS-derived data, Mister Donut can group customers according to preferences and visit habits.
- Influencing visit and purchase behavior. With a solid understanding of its individual customers, Mister Donut can provide its guests with personalized, contextually relevant communications and offers that are more likely to encourage increased visits.
- Incentivizing upsell purchases. Mister Donut will be able to create upsell opportunities by using the collection and redemption of rewards points to encourage their customers to try new dishes.
- Adopting a mobile POS interface. And in a future phase Mister Donut customers can skip the check by paying for their order on their mobile device. For ease of use, Mozido designed the mobile loyalty program as a Wi-Fi-enabled web app so that customers can accrue points and check out all on their mobile devices.
“With El Salvador’s 124 percent mobile adoption rate, our mobile loyalty program is a natural fit for our customer base, and will allow us to increase customer engagement and loyalty across our entire brand,” said Adolfo Salume, “Chairman, Mister Donut.” “To increase the positive impact our mobile loyalty program has on our most loyal customers, we educated our staff to become experts with the app, and they in turn serve as the app’s ambassadors, teaching our guests how to leverage the mobile loyalty app to their benefit.”
After just 30 days of launching the initial pilot program, seven Mister Donut restaurant locations and over 3,200 customers are live on the mobile loyalty program. The restaurant is acquiring customers at an average accrual rate of more than 500 per week and is expected to grow daily.
“Mister Donut has been committed since day one to building a mobile loyalty program that is exciting and beneficial to their customers,” said Manuel Contag, Latam Business Development Head. “The success we’ve seen so far is due to a combination of Mister Donut’s enthusiasm and Mozido’s commitment to empower brands and organizations by providing mobile financial services that match our customers’ unique businesses.”
Mozido’s mobile payments platform includes mobile financial services, loyalty programs, and mobile offers for business and retail. Through its white-label, cloud-based platform MoTEAF, Mozido serves people around the world who choose to manage their money using their mobile phone rather than relying on traditional financial institutions. Mozido’s MoTEAF platform is highly interoperable, works with virtually any wireless carrier or mobile device, and integrates easily with products from other vendors. For more information, visit us at www.mozido.com. Follow us on Twitter: @MozidoGlobal