ALEXANDRIA, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CounterTack, a pioneer in delivering real-time endpoint threat detection, context and visibility around targeted attacks, will be hosting an exclusive roundtable event that will focus on applying the concept of resiliency in the military capacity to the cybersecurity industry.
The panel, “Bringing Awareness to Cyber Resiliency,” will take place on October 27, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. EST at the Hilton Mark Center Hotel in Alexandria, Virginia.
Today’s cyberattacks threaten the fabric of the civilized world; attacks are occurring with such frequency and vigor that companies across all industries, are left feeling instantly defeated. Taking the fight to adversaries and becoming more resilient in the face of attacks, organizations can turn the tables on attackers with the right combination of strategy and technology to withstand attacks and exploits, and defend the enterprise while still absorbing, but not succumbing to collateral damage incurred.
The panel, “Bringing Awareness to Cyber Resiliency,” will feature a distinguished group of cybersecurity and military operations experts. The roundtable will offer advice on how mapping military strategies to enterprise security tactics will enable organizations to better protect themselves against cyber adversaries.
Renowned cybersecurity journalist and managing editor of Bloomberg News, Michael Riley, will moderate discussion amongst experts:
- Admiral William J. Fallon, U.S. Navy: A retired four-star Admiral with a distinguished 40-year career of military and strategic leadership; the Admiral’s knowledge of international security, political and commercial affairs is drawn from his military service experience.
- Col. Bob Fanelli, U.S. Army, Chief, USCYBERCOM/NSA Combined Action Group: An Army Information Systems Management (FA 53) and Signal Officer, currently serving with the United States Cyber Command, Fort Meade, MD, as Chief of the USCYBERCOM/NSA Combined Action Group.
- Jim Penrose, EVP, Cyber Intelligence, Dark Trace: After spending 17 years of meritorious service at the NSA, Penrose achieved the rank of Defense Intelligence Senior Level and later founded the NSA Operational Discovery Center.
- Executive Director, Center on Law and Security, NYU School of Law, Zachary K. Goldman: Goldman first served as a policy advisor in the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence, where he was the subject matter expert on terrorist financing in the Arabian Peninsula, and also worked on the development of Iran sanctions policy.
- Neal Creighton, CEO, CounterTack: A former U.S. Army Ranger, and cybersecurity entrepreneur and visionary, Creighton has held numerous leadership positions with successful organizations including GeoTrust (acquired by VeriSign), PGP, Chosen Security and AffirmTrust.
Members of the media are welcome to attend by contacting email@example.com for further information.
CounterTack's real-time endpoint threat detection and response platform, CounterTack Sentinel, delivers unprecedented visibility and context to enterprise security teams around targeted, persistent threats. CounterTack dramatically reduces the impact of advanced attacks, providing real-time, behavioral-based intelligence on attacker activity upon infiltration, so organizations can defend their business leveraging Sentinel's contextual attack evidence for a rapid, prioritized response.
By combining 'stealthware' technology and Big Data analytics, CounterTack turns the tables on attackers, giving security teams and incident responders an advantage over their adversaries to make better security decisions with real-time, automated, forensic-level analysis. CounterTack is revolutionizing how companies defend their endpoints -- across the enterprise.