SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Netronome, the leading provider of data plane processing solutions for software-defined networks (SDN), today announced that the company’s solutions for SDN and network functions virtualization (NFV) designs will be demonstrated along with their partners in several venues at the SDN and OpenFlow World Congress in Düsseldorf, Germany, October 13-20, 2014. The premier SDN and NFV event in Europe will feature two presentations by Netronome industry experts, as well as three demonstrations with industry partners.
Netronome® FlowNIC acceleration cards and FlowEnvironment software will power standard x86-based servers in three demonstrations:
- ONF SDN Solutions Showcase for Carrier/WAN SDN: Netronome and a partner will jointly demonstrate a service gateway that features rapid deployment of many instances of carrier applications for new services. The SDN-based OpenV6 design for IPv4 to IPv6 migration delivers line-rate throughput for millions of simultaneous flows being converted from IPv4 to IPv6, while under SDN control through open northbound APIs.
- ONF SDN Solutions Showcase for SDN Testing and Validation: Netronome, Spirent Communications, and Advantech will demonstrate solutions for testing and validating SDN-enabled appliances and servers for large scale data centers. An Advantech® CGS6010 2U server will host Netronome’s FlowNIC PCIe acceleration cards and FlowEnvironment software. The production-ready network appliance will serve as the SDN, OVS and OpenFlow 1.3 device under test. Spirent® TestCenter products will create demanding traffic patterns showcasing standards compliance, line-rate throughput, leading flow setup rates and interoperability.
- Selective Offload for Open vSwitch Acceleration: Netronome will exhibit high performance OVS forwarding, with hardware support for VXLAN and NVGRE encapsulations, VTEP acceleration, and dynamic fast-path forwarding for millions of flows. This demonstration can be seen in Netronome’s stand, #47.
Additionally, two Netronome industry experts will be featured in the technology sessions:
- Johann Tönsing, Netronome’s senior vice president and chief architect, will participate in the “ONF/SDN Startups” panel discussion on Tuesday, October 14. He will comment on the use of Network Flow Processors to achieve high throughput/large capacity network traffic processing in Open vSwitch equipped servers, SDN gateways and NFV platforms.
- Sujal Das, Netronome’s senior vice president and general manager of strategy and data center business unit, will present “Efficient Scaling of SDN/NFV: Policy Deployment Use Cases and Open APIs” on Thursday, October 16.
“Designers of products aimed at SDN and NFV designs, as well as the enterprises and network operators that are deploying them, are now looking for ways to massively scale performance,” said Jarrod Siket, senior vice president and general manager of marketing at Netronome. “Our speakers and demonstrations featured at Europe’s preeminent SDN and NFV conference will show how Netronome’s solutions are being used to meet these requirements.”
Follow Netronome for the latest news and information on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Netronome is the leading developer of high-performance networking solutions for cloud, data center, service provider and enterprise communications products. Netronome flow processing solutions increase the performance of virtualized servers by offloading compute-intensive workloads such as network virtualization, security, flow classification, content processing, deep packet inspection and dynamic load balancing. Netronome products are used by networking OEMs, ODMs worldwide and include FlowProcessors, FlowNICs and FlowEnvironment software. Netronome processors are supported by comprehensive tools and a broad ecosystem of premier partners. Netronome products are developed in labs in Santa Clara, CA, Boxborough, MA and Pittsburgh, PA. To learn more about Netronome and its products, please visit www.netronome.com.
Netronome, the Netronome Logo, “The Flow Processing Company,” “Total Performance,” “Total Control,” “Intelligent to the Core,” NanoNetwork, Open Appliance Platform and the Open Appliance Platform Logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Netronome Systems, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks mentioned in this document (release, ad, etc.) are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners in the United States and other countries.