DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bdb8hb/global_and_china) has announced the addition of the "Global and China DNA Sequencing Industry Research Report, 2014-2017" report to their offering.
It is projected that by 2017 this figure will reach USD10.096 billion, exceeding USD10 billion for the first time.
DNA sequencing is the process of reading nucleotide bases in a specific DNA molecule, that is to say determining the arrangement mode of adenine, thymine, cytosine, and guanine. It can be applied in a broad range of fields, including medicine, biology, geology, and agriculture.
With the advancement of DNA sequencing technology and dramatic decline in sequencing costs, DNA sequencing is increasingly showing its market potential in noninvasive detection, disease diagnosis, and personalized treatment. In 2013, the market size of global DNA sequencing (including equipment and consumables, service and workflow, etc.) approximated USD4.6 billion, up around 26% from the previous year.
In China, the upstream sectors of DNA sequencing industry are virtually monopolized by foreign giants. BGI is the leader in China's DNA sequencing service, and its second-generation DNA sequencers top the global chart in number. However, two of its sequencersHiSeq 2000 and Ion Proton were entirely from Illumina and Life Technologies. In March 2013, BGI acquired Complete Genomics, a sign that BGI formally ventured into the upstream sectors of DNA sequencing industry. In June 2014, BGI's two productsBGISEQ-1000 and BGISEQ-100 became the first second-generation DNA sequencers registered in China.
Global and China DNA Sequencing Industry Research Report, 2014-2017 mainly focuses on the followings:
- Features, cost, etc. of DNA sequencing technology;
- Major M&As, genetic database, market size and structure, etc. of global DNA sequencing industry;
- Development, industry policies, market structure and prospects, etc. of DNA sequencing industry in China;
- Operation, DNA sequencing business, etc. of 12 enterprises at home and abroad.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview of DNA Sequencing Industry
2. Global DNA Sequencing Industry
3. China DNA Sequencing Industry
4. Key Enterprises
- Agilent Technologies
- Berry Genomics
- DAAN Gene
- Hunan China Sun Pharmaceutical Machinery
- Jilin Zixin Pharmaceutical Industrial
- Pacific Biosciences
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bdb8hb/global_and_china