RALEIGH, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Finalists for the NC Tech Awards, North Carolina's only statewide technology awards program, were announced this week by the North Carolina Technology Association (NCTA).
The Awards recognize companies, organizations and individuals that have characterized excellence, innovation and leadership.
After a nomination period earlier this summer, finalists and winners were chosen in a two-stage review process, led by the accounting firm of Grant Thornton in partnership with an independent selection committee. The awards process culminates with the NC Tech Awards Gala on November 6, at the Raleigh Convention Center in Raleigh, where 800+ leaders will gather to celebrate the tech sector and honor finalists in each category. Winners will be announced live that evening. The finalists are:
Technology Corporate Awards
- Software Company: AvidXchange, Bronto Software, Netsertive, PrecisionLender, Red Hat, Thinkgate
- Communications Technology Company: CommScope, DocsInk, ERC Broadband, Republic Wireless, Truphone
- Industry Driven Technology: Allscripts, APEX Analytix, Jackrabbit Technologies, TopQuadrant, Windsor Circle
- Innovative Product: Automated Insights, Cree, Phononic Devices, Red Hat, Republic Wireless, Valencell
- Best Consumer Web Company: Blue Label Hosting, CrowdTunes, Hostel Rocket, Stealz, WaterPlayUSA
- Digital Marketing Company: Automated Insights, Beacon Technologies, Bronto Software, ChannelAdvisor
- New Media/Digital Technology: AnyCloud, Automated Insights, CrowdTunes, MobileSmith, ReverbNation
- Best Place to Work: Citrix, LexisNexis, nCino, PointSource, Skookum Digital Works
- Fast Growth Small: DC74 Data Centers, Epoch Universal, Samanage, Tresata, Windsor Circle
- Fast Growth Large: ARCA, AvidXchange, Citrix, nCino, Netsertive
Use of Technology Awards
- Business Value: Cisco, City of Asheville, Impact Financial Systems, Railinc
- Civic Good: Galaxy Digital, Kenan Fellows Program, NeoNova, Small Footprint, Syntelli Solutions
- Customer Service: Greater Than One, Sageworks, Tantalus, Western Carolina University – IT Department
- eCommerce: ChannelAdvisor, Hostel Rocket, Kadro Solutions, WaterPlayUSA, Windsor Circle
- Education: Lea(R)n, Odigia, SKoolAide, Thinkgate, WebAssign
- Energy & The Environment: Google, GridBridge, InfoSense, Organic Transit, PlottWatt, Waste to Green
- Finance & Banking: Impact Financial Systems, nCino, LPL Financial, Tresata
- Health & Wellness: DocsInk, Paired Health, Ridge Diagnostics, Valencell, Validic
NCTA has also expanded its awards program to recognize a category for “Top 10 Startups to Watch” and seven awards recognizing individual achievement. Of these seven, three are continued from previous years including Public Leader, Tech Exec of the Year and Outstanding Achievement. Four new individual awards will recognize Tech Educator, Tech Woman, Public Sector CIO and Private Sector CIO all to be announced soon.
“The NC Tech Awards has been refreshed with a new name, new theme, new venue, and tweaks to the format. These updates, combined with a record number of nominations, should make the 2014 Gala the best yet,” said Brooks Raiford, president & CEO. “The Gala is the place to be to celebrate North Carolina’s vibrant tech sector.”
More information on the NC Tech Awards can be found at www.NCTechAwards.com.
The North Carolina Technology Association (NCTA) is a not-for-profit, membership-driven trade association and the primary voice of the technology industry in North Carolina.