DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zf7blb/the_future_of) has announced the addition of the "The Future of Virtual Currencies - 2014" report to their offering.
Spawned by the ideological misgivings about centralized banking and payment systems, virtual currencies have developed rapidly, with more than 500 currently in existence, and more to come. The rise of Bitcoin, in value as well as in mindshare, has fomented innovation as improvements to the original Bitcoin protocols are developed and new applications are discovered.
Regulators have been caught off-guard by developments in the virtual currency space, with regulatory responses varying from criminalization of these currencies to forbearance. While skepticism about the sustainability of virtual currencies is high, there is increasing recognition that the underlying technology has the potential to disrupt traditional centralized trust' models and usher in a new era of distributed trustless' engagement.
These developments make it essential for financial institutions, payment networks, regulators, mobile network operators and technology vendors to keep apprised of the alternative futures that this new era may herald.
In this new report the author examines the future of virtual currencies and virtual currency technologies under different scenarios. Our focus is on open virtual currencies, i.e. those that are convertible to fiat currency through various mechanisms, and those technologies that facilitate different applications of virtual currency protocols.
The Future of Virtual Currencies addresses the following key questions for senior executives in organizations that may be affected by developments in virtual currency technology:
- What is really happening beneath the surface in the virtual currency space?
- What is likely to happen in the future?
- How should we prepare ourselves for the future?
Highlights of the report include:
- An analysis of the drivers of the development of virtual currencies and their underlying technologies
- A comparison of the most prominent virtual currencies in the market
- Future developments in virtual currency technologies
- Consumer perceptions and uptake of virtual currencies (US and Canada)
- The most important applications of virtual currencies and virtual currency technologies
- Regulatory scenarios and their impact on market development
- Opportunities and challenges
- Alternative futures and the potential for disruption
- Technology watch list
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- The Birth of Modern Alternative Currencies
- The Blockchain
- Future Technology Trajectories
- The next generation
- Improvements over the Original Bitcoin Protocol
- Consumer Perspectives (US and Canada)
- Key Opportunity Areas
- Broadening the Base of Adoption and Usage
- Regulatory Scenarios
- Opportunities and Challenges
- Alternative Futures for Virtual Currencies and Virtual Currency Technologies
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zf7blb/the_future_of