AUGUSTA, Maine--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In preparation for the November 4 election, Secretary of State Matt Dunlap would like to remind Maine voters about the convenient online services available on the state website, www.Maine.gov, specifically, the Absentee Ballot Request service (http://www.maine.gov/online/absenteeballot). The online service is a mobile-friendly, time-saving resource, available to any registered voter in the state of Maine.
Recent enhancements improved the accessibility of the Absentee Ballot request service to accommodate requests from emergency aid workers and displaced voters, should a State of Emergency occur that requires aid workers or voters to relocate.
“This option will be available only during a State of Emergency and offers functionality similar to requests from Maine residents who are stationed in the military or residing in another country,” stated Secretary of State Matt Dunlap. “Accessibility is a top priority each year when it comes to the voting process, we are always looking for new ways to encourage participation.”
All Maine municipalities are required to accept electronic requests for absentee ballots and the service is available now for voters to submit their requests. Once a voter has submitted their request using the online service, they will be sent an automated email notification containing the information they submitted and a confirmation number. When the request is processed and accepted by their municipal clerk, they will be sent an additional status notification.
The service allows any registered Maine voter to request their absentee ballot by:
• Completing and submitting their request form online;
• Filling out the request form online, then printing and signing the completed form to mail to their municipal clerk; or,
• Printing a blank request form to fill out by hand and deliver to their municipal clerk.
Other election resources available on Maine.gov from the Secretary of State include:
- Voter Information Lookup – A mobile-friendly service that allows citizens to find election related information based on their home address. This information includes the location of their voting place, the candidates that will appear on their ballot, and their elected officials and how to contact them.
- Maine Voter Guide – A quick guide for voters about how to register and vote.
- Maine Citizens Guide to the Referendum - Detailed information about the questions that will appear on the upcoming ballot.
- Maine Elections FAQ's - Answers to common questions about voting, candidates, Election Day information and voter registration in Maine.
Maine.gov (http://www.Maine.gov) is the official Web portal of the state of Maine. Maine.gov is a service of InforME, a collaborative effort between the state of Maine and Maine Information Network, LLC. part of the NIC (NASDAQ: EGOV) family of companies.
Founded in 1992, NIC (NASDAQ: EGOV) is the nation's leading provider of official government websites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company's innovative eGovernment services help make government more accessible to everyone through technology. The family of NIC companies provides eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Forbes has named NIC as one of the “100 Best Small Companies in America” five times, most recently ranked at No.11 (2013), and the company has been included three times on the Barron’s 400 Index. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.