DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h8rbhj/3dic_and_2_5d_tsv) has announced the addition of the "3DIC & 2.5D TSV Interconnect for Advanced Packaging - 2014 Business Update" report to their offering.
Driven by the need to further increase performance, 2015 will be the year for the implementation of 3D TSV technology in high-volume production. In the high-end market, volatile memory and especially DRAM motivates the needs of 3D adoption: Stacked memory dies can significantly lower power consumption and increase performance.
Several announcements of new products using TSVs have been recently made. The key memory players have already started to ship samples this year and they are preparing to enter volume manufacturing towards the end of the year. SK Hynix plans to deliver this year High Bandwidth Memory (HBM) for graphic applications as a result of their collaboration work with AMD. Micron is shipping engineering samples of Hybrid Memory Cube (HMC) for high performance computing (HPC) and servers, and is reported to start volume production towards the end of 2014.
Intel also recently revealed details of their new second generation Xenon Phi processor Knights Landing using a TSV based on-package memory solution developed in collaboration with Micron. Samsung has also shown progress in stacked DRAM: The 2nd generation Wide I/O approach was demonstrated using their Widcon technology and it is planned to be implemented in the next generation of Exynos processor for the consumer market.
Key features of the report
- Through Silicon Vias (TSVs) integration characteristics & industry trends
- Wafer start forecast 2013-2019 per application (MEMS, CIS, Memories)
- Wafer start forecast 2013-2019 per business models (OSATs, IDMs, Foundries, Mid End foundries)
- Detailed analysis of all TSV applications
- Commercialization status per product family
- Overview of TSV from different business models and wafer sizes
- Technology roadmaps per product
- Challenges still remaining to be addressed
- Key industrial market player's positioning: device makers, equipment & material suppliers, R&D centers, OSAT, foundries
Objectives of the report
- Provide wafer forecast for the next five years and predict future application trends
- Offer a commercialization status of current and future 3DIC products
- Deliver an overview on key players and supply chain activities
What's new compared to last edition?
- Overview of TSV implementation for various devices and packages (Memories, Logic, MEMS, Photonics, CMOS Image Sensors and other applications)
- Market adoption roadmap
- Wafer start by platform (3DIC, 2.5D)
- Wafer start by application and market segment
- Analysis of future 3D products for high-end applications
- Alternative packaging technologies (fan out, advanced organic substrates, monolithic 3D) - Current status and future trends
Key Topics Covered:
2. Motivations and objectives of the report
3. Who should be interested in this report?
4. Companies cited in this report
5. Executive summary
6. Introduction, definitions and report scope
7. Through Silicon Via
8. Key Player and Supply Chain
9. Market Forecast
10. 3D TSV Application Focus
11. Alternative Packaging Technologies
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h8rbhj/3dic_and_2_5d_tsv