DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ping Identity®, The Identity Security CompanyTM, and Identity Over IP (ID/IP) today announced they are joining forces as solution partners within Cisco’s Identity Services Engine (ISE) ecosystem to secure the Internet of Things as well as the public, private and hybrid clouds of today’s enterprise. The partnership will strengthen authentication and authorization for large enterprises without degrading the user experience. This will enable more convenient and secure access to cloud applications anywhere, from any device.
Identity is emerging as a critical layer in the new IT security stack as people continue to use cloud-connected devices and applications outside the corporate network. By partnering with Cisco, Ping Identity and ID/IP are stepping up to solve this challenge and make passwords a thing of the past with the jointly developed IoT Connector. The IoT Connector integrates Ping Identity’s PingFederate™ with Cisco ISE via Cisco’s pxGrid context exchange framework, providing a frictionless identity and device management experience without requiring an additional login or token. By bridging the gap between network security and identity access management, enterprise organizations will benefit from a more reliable way to determine assurance levels for users accessing cloud applications outside a provisioned network.
“Our collaboration with ID/IP and Cisco offers enterprises an innovative authentication solution that will make password-based systems stronger, if not replace them,” said Patrick Harding, Chief Technical Officer, Ping Identity. “As people continue to use myriad devices and cloud-connected applications, it’s imperative that identity and access management become built into the fabric of the new security stack. We are excited to partner with Cisco to make this a reality.”
“This partnership aligns with our vision for combining network security and identity management,” said Russell Rice, Senior Director of Cisco ISE Product Management. “We are thrilled to partner with Ping Identity and ID/IP to bring better security to the Internet of Things and the mix of cloud environments that comprise the enterprise of today.”
“The current threat environment demands deeper integration between application security and network security,” said Bryan Wiese, Director, Identity and Access Management at FishNet Security, a Ping Identity reseller partner. “The IoT Connector represents a meaningful step forward in the fight against data breaches and password theft. We look forward to delivering this innovative solution to our customers.”
The IoT Connector enables the following benefits:
- Zero Sign On maximizes user convenience while assuring the highest levels of cloud security
- Coordinated Authentication and Authorization lowers deployment complexity of networks and applications
- Adaptive Friction allows IT to apply dynamic authentication rules in real-time; for example, when a user authenticates on a new device or from an unexpected geographic location, the IoT Adapter can respond with a step-up authentication
- Detailed product information regarding this integration can be found on the Cisco Developer Network Marketplace at: https://marketplace.cisco.com/catalog/products/6106
- For more information on PingFederate, please visit: https://www.pingidentity.com/en/products/pingfederate.html
- For more information on Cisco ISE, please visit: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/identity-services-engine/index.html
- For more details on this announcement, please visit Ping Identity’s blog: https://www.pingidentity.com/en/blog.html
About Ping Identity | The Identity Security Company
Ping Identity is the pioneer and largest independent provider of next generation identity security solutions. With more than 1,200 customers worldwide including half of the Fortune 100, Ping Identity is transforming the way hundreds of millions of people live and work every day by making their favorite apps more convenient and secure to access from any device, anywhere. Visit pingidentity.com for more information.