DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gvvrmg/global_market_for) has announced the addition of the "Global Market for Polycarbonate - Forecast, Trends & Opportunities 2014-2020" report to their offering.
The global demand for polycarbonate is likely to cross 6,000,000 tons by 2020, while the production of polycarbonates is expected to reach nearly 5,000,000 tons by 2020.
Polycarbonates are a particular group of thermoplastic polymers that are generally known by the trademarked names like Makrolon, Makroclear, arcoPlus, Lexan, etc. Polycarbonates have a unique property that they can be easily molded and thermoformed and they are easy to work with as well. These properties have made polycarbonates quite attractive an option for many industries ranging from automobiles, electronics and electricals, opticals, amongst others. Optical media remains one of the principal applications of polycarbonates.
The global market for polycarbonates is expected to show good growth in the coming years. The global polycarbonate market was dominated by the Asia Pacific region. North America and Europe followed next as well. The Asia Pacific region accounted for more than 60% of the demand for polycarbonates in the world. In the Asia Pacific region, China accounted for nearly 60% of the polycarbonate demand and was also the largest polycarbonate consumer globally.
Investors have now shifted focus on building up the polycarbonate capacity in the Middle East & Africa region. The MEA region is now expanding as a polycarbonate manufacturing hub primarily due to the easy availability of low cost feedstock in the region. By 2020, the MEA region is expected to establish itself as a major exporter of polycarbonate.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Introduction To Polycarbonates
3. Global Market For Polycarbonate
4. Global Polycarbonate Market: Analysis By Regions
5. Global Polycarbonate Market: Analysis Of Key Markets
6. Impacts On The Global Polycarbonate Market
7. Global Polycarbonate Market: Competitive Landscape & Major Players
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Bayer AG
- Chi Mei Corporation
- Formosa Plastics Group
- Honam Petrochemical Corporation (now Lotte Chemical Corporation)
- Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd.
- LG Chem Ltd
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
- Mitsubishi Engineering-Plastics Corporation
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Co
- Samsung Petrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Samyang Corporation
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation
- Shanghai Chlor-Alkali Chemical Co., Ltd
- Teijin Limited
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Unigel Plasticos SA
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gvvrmg/global_market_for