MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Intuit unveiled new details to inspire thousands of attendees at its QuickBooks Connect event this October, including unique and interesting ways for accounting professionals, small businesses and developers to connect, learn and grow. The event is scheduled for Oct. 21-23 in San Jose, Calif. and will include an inspiring main stage program, provocative breakout sessions and new ways to get connected and build your network.
Immersive Learning Sessions Added to One-of-a-Kind Event
QuickBooks Connect will bring together the people and companies necessary to make attendees’ business dreams a reality. The entire event will provide an engaging, immersive experience with unique activities for every audience including:
- QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification – For the first time ever, the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program will offer QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification to accounting professionals. Taught by Michelle Long, the course will provide attendees with a level of expertise so they can differentiate themselves from their peers, better serve their clients and grow their practice.
- Speed Mentoring – run by Lean Startup Productions, small businesses and entrepreneurs can have one-on-one conversations with experts on a range of topics who will provide help with specific business challenges.
- Developer Hackathon – hosted by the Intuit® Partner Platform, included with the paid conference pass, QuickBooks Online developers can join the free two-day, round-the-clock, pre-conference event to consult with Intuit platform experts and compete in front of an elite panel of judges for a number of prizes.
- Networking Park – The entire QuickBooks Connect event will include multiple ways to meet and learn from thousands of other attendees. A networking park will enable conversation and collaboration. Contests throughout the event will drive attendees to seek out and interact with each other in ways that will expand minds and create new opportunities to grow.
Breakout Sessions to Help You Stand Out
QuickBooks Connect will provide attendees with tailored breakout sessions for the accounting professional, small business, entrepreneur and developer audiences that will help them be more successful, increase efficiency and grow. These interactive, educational workshops will allow attendees to learn from established leaders and experts in real-time via hands-on, interactive curriculum and content. Attendees will also have the ability to build their own schedule by mixing and matching from any of the sessions offered. The complete schedule can be found at the QuickBooks Connect site. Newly announced sessions and speakers for the breakout tracks include:
- “Special Kickoff Event with Joe Woodard and Doug Sleeter” – influential accounting leaders Woodard and Sleeter will share the stage for the first time in more than a decade and discuss the key opportunities and challenges of cloud technology for accounting firms and their clients. During this session, Intuit will also unveil the biggest new product offering ever for accountants and major enhancements to the ProAdvisor Program.
- “Insider Info from VCs: The Future of Funding” – featuring Google Ventures content partner Leena Rao and Floodgate co-founding partner Ann Miura-Ko, moderated by Derek Anderson of Startup Grind.
- “Strategies to Grow a Remarkable Business” – "The Pumpkin Plan" and the business cult classic, "The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur" author Mike Michalowicz will lead a session on how to learn strategies to build a sustainable business for growth and profitability.
- “Learn from Your Peers: How Other Developers Found Success” – Lori Fraleigh, director of Developer Relations at Intuit, will lead a session that showcases top Apps.com developers creating value-added services for small businesses in the QuickBooks ecosystem.
Attendees can register for $199 at www.QuickBooksConnect.com. The price covers the main conference pass; some pre and post conference activities will be available by invitation or at an additional cost.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, which make it easier to manage small businesses and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. Mint.com provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money, while Demandforce® offers marketing and communication tools for small businesses. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.5 billion in its fiscal year 2014. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.