HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PROS® (NYSE: PRO), a big data software company, today announced executives from some of the industry’s most high-profile travel organizations will take center stage and deliver addresses at the PROS Outperform Travel 2014 conference. PROS will welcome a broad range of industry thought leaders and travel revenue management experts who will make thought-provoking presentations and lead discussions, all with the vision of advancing revenue management innovations. Microsoft is the presenting sponsor for the conference.
Outperform Travel, scheduled for October 7-8 in Houston, will be held at the Royal Sonesta Hotel, attracting some of the world’s largest airlines, hotels, car rental, and freight and logistics companies.
“In an ever-changing global environment, our conference offers participants multiple innovation tracks where they can discover new strategies and learn about new solutions that fuel their growth and help their organizations outperform,” said PROS Travel President Benson Yuen. “They are also able to deepen their knowledge of key trends and next-generation technologies related to revenue management, distribution, group sales, ancillary and pricing optimization across the travel spectrum – all with an eye toward enabling business transformation.”
“In the evolving industry landscape, the PROS Outperform Travel conference offers customers the latest innovations, solutions and technologies to help them drive their strategic direction and tactical operations,” said Microsoft Managing Director for Hospitality and Travel Greg Jones. “We are looking forward to engaging conversations about creating superior service, driving innovation and future growth.”
The speaker line-up will include presentations from some of the world’s foremost industry thought leaders. Conference participants will have the opportunity to hear from PROS customers, and industry experts and innovators, who will share their insights and experiences using revenue management solutions:
- Desi Barkhuizen, Vice President, Revenue Management, Etihad Airways
- Peter Belobaba, Ph.D., Principal Research Scientist, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Paul Harvalias, Vice President, Revenue Management, Pricing and Central Reservations Control, WestJet
- Dr. Karl Isler, Senior Director, Head of Revenue Management Strategy and Operations Research, Swiss International Air Lines
- Justin Jones, Senior Director, Pricing and Planning, Revenue Management, Southwest Airlines
- Carlos Jovel, Vice President, Pricing & Revenue Management, LATAM Airlines Group
- Amit Khandelwal, Vice President IT, Commercial & Planning, Emirates
- Marie-Claude Roy, Senior Director, Revenue Management Optimization, Air Canada
- Mark W. Shafer, Senior Vice President, Revenue and Profit Management, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- Raj Sivakumar, Senior Vice President, Jet Airways
- Oksana Verkhulevska, Director, Revenue Management, Ukraine International Airlines
Outperform speakers will cover some of today’s most relevant business issues:
- Moving to the next generation of revenue management beyond today’s origin-and-destination control
- Driving ancillary revenue and distribution strategies with innovative solutions
- Transforming the business model of group sales to maximize win conversion and profitability
- Adopting origin-and-destination control to increase revenue and enhance productivity
- Improving system capabilities to more effectively address business challenges
- Implementing price optimization capabilities to enhance sales
- Preparing for a future with the airline industry’s NDC (New Distribution Capability) endeavor
- Implementing centralized availability strategies to drive revenue with PROS real-time dynamic pricing solutions
To learn more about PROS, visit the website at www.pros.com.
PROS Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: PRO) is a big data software company that helps customers outperform in their markets by using big data to sell more effectively. We apply 29 years of data science experience to unlock buying patterns and preferences within transaction data to reveal which opportunities are most likely to close, which offers are most likely to sell and which prices are most likely to win. PROS offers big data solutions to optimize sales, pricing, quoting, rebates and revenue management across more than 40 industries. PROS has completed over 700 implementations of its solutions in more than 55 countries. The PROS team comprises more than 900 professionals around the world. To learn more, visit www.pros.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements about the functionality and benefits of revenue management software to organizations generally as well as the functionality and benefits of PROS software products. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are based upon PROS historical experience with revenue management and big data software and its current expectations of the benefits of revenue management and big data software for organizations that implement and utilize such software. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described herein include the addressability of an organization’s revenue management needs, the risks associated with PROS developing and enhancing products with the functionality necessary to deliver the stated results and the risks associated with the complex implementation and maintenance of revenue management and big data software such as PROS software products. Additional information relating to the uncertainty affecting the PROS business is contained in PROS filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These forward-looking statements represent PROS expectations as of the date of this press release. Subsequent events may cause these expectations to change, and PROS disclaims any obligations to update or alter these forward-looking statements in the future, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.