NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Moms have a new tool this cold and flu season that lets them access a doctor and help get their families feeling better, faster. LiveHealth Online’s new telehealth app lets moms talk face-to-face with a physician of their choice from most anywhere, 24/7, 365 days a year across 44 states when their own doctor may not be available.
LiveHealth Online is the only telehealth service that provides video chat visits, allows consumers to choose the doctor they see, and is a covered benefit of Empire BlueCross BlueShield EPO and PPO benefit plans.
The LiveHealth Online app offers a fast and easy way for moms to talk securely and privately by two-way video chat with a U.S-based doctor who can diagnose and treat them and their family members for many non-emergency conditions, like the flu, cold, strep throat or ear infections. If needed, the LiveHealth Online doctor can send prescriptions directly to the consumer’s choice of pharmacy in most states.
“LiveHealth Online is an essential tool for moms this cold and flu season because it’s like having a doctor by your side 24/7. The app offers convenience and reassurance especially at a time when more kids get sick the most,” says Dr. Mia Finkelston, a primary care doctor and participating LiveHealth Online doctor. “In minutes, moms can access a doctor and feel good knowing they can help get their child on the road to recovery quickly and avoid missing school or extracurricular activities.”
Registering for LiveHealth Online is fast and easy and free — just download the app from iTunes or the App Store or Google Play store and sign-up in one quick step. Or, you can visit www.livehealthonline.com and register. Dr. Finkelston suggests moms download the app when your family is healthy so that when someone does get sick, a doctor is available at mom’s convenience.
LiveHealth Online is a cost-effective alternative to urgent care or retail clinics and typically costs $49 per visit.
For PPO and EPO members of Empire BlueCross BlueShield, a LiveHealth Online visit is covered at the same or lower out-of-pocket cost than a typical office visit, and claims are automatically filed for a fast and easy experience.
Here are Dr. Mia’s everyday health and wellness tips to reduce your family’s risk of getting sick from seasonal and school-borne illnesses this fall and winter.
- Rest up: Make sure your kids get between 9.5 - 12 hours of sleep each night to restore their bodies, improve their ability to help fight off germs, and reduce their stress levels.
- Hands off: Germs are lurking everywhere during the school year and are transported mostly through our hands. Teach your kids to keep their hands away from their face, and make sure they wash hands often, especially before eating.
- Eat for wellness: Stock up on nutritious foods to help kids and parents function at optimum levels. Kids love to snack. Pack nuts, whole grain crackers, and fruit in their school bag so they don’t head to the vending machine.
- Don’t skip breakfast: Studies show that eating breakfast helps kids focus better in school, and they are less tired and cranky.
- Immunize: Make time to get the flu shot for your family because studies show it safely protects against the most common strains of flu.
If your kids are athletes, it’s even more important that they get enough sleep, eat healthy and stay hydrated!
About LiveHealth Online
LiveHealth Online is a communication tool that provides consumers with a convenient way to have secure, live video conversations with a doctor, get a diagnosis, and receive treatment for common urgent care-type health conditions. Consumers can access board certified doctors through livehealthonline.com or on an iOS or Android smartphone or tablet using the free app. It is cost-effective, secure, private, and easy-to-use. Consumers can have live, instant or planned visits with their choice of doctors seven days a week, 24 hours a day, using two-way video conferencing, along with instant messaging. LiveHealth Online is the trade name of Health Management Corporation.