LOWELL, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--M/A-COM Technology Solutions Inc. (“MACOM”), a leading supplier of high performance RF, microwave, and millimeter wave products, will showcase its industry leading portfolio of CATV and broadband devices enabling the evolution of modern cable networks at Cable-Tec Expo’14, Denver Colorado, in booth 432.
To keep pace with the exponential growth in data demand while leveraging previously deployed fiber and copper, cable networks are working toward the deployment of DOCSIS 3.1 equipment. This requires changes to the active and passive components within the infrastructure and customer premise equipment, such as higher power, linearity and bandwidth amplifiers, improved rejection filters, and a full new suite of power dividers and couplers – essentially a full refresh of the equipment toolkit.
MACOM addresses the toolkit refresh with a suite of new product families which will be showcased at Cable-Tec Expo’14 in booth 432.
- DOCSIS3.1 push-pull and power doubler GaAs solutions in SMT plastic format. These GaAs infrastructure amplifiers offer multiple system operators higher linearity and output power with extended 1.2GHz bandwidth.
- Diplex filters that deliver very high isolation and return loss while simultaneously maintaining the lowest possible insertion loss. The higher power levels combined with extended frequency requirements of DOCSIS3.1 place much greater demands on the passive components in the system amplifier. Passives need to exhibit multi-octave flat response and not contribute to system distortion.
- Market leading platform of high performance, surface mount triplex filters, which cover the 42/54, 65/85, 85/105 MHz, and 204/258 MHz bands, are MoCA 2.0 compliant and fully footprint compatible, allowing for simplified front-end designs and quicker design cycles. Extremely high performance filter technology is needed to simultaneously support next generation MoCA systems and new DOCSIS 3.1 interfaces to the core network.
- 300 MHz reverse path single-ended, differential and variable gain amplifiers, which meet the challenges of next generation architectures because DOCSIS3.1 extends frequency bands in both the forward and reverse paths.
- FTTx amplifiers that have been developed specifically to meet Radio Frequency over Glass (RFoG) and Passive Optical Network (PON) system requirements.
Visit Booth 432 to meet with MACOM experts.
MACOM’s CATV Product Managers, Graham Board and Alan Miller, will be at the show to answer any inquiries or questions.
Exhibition Location: Colorado Convention Center
Tuesday, Sept 23, from 1:30 to 6pm
Wednesday, Sept 24, from 11:00 to 5:00
Thursday, Sept 25, from 09:00 to 1:00
M/A-COM Technology Solutions Holdings, Inc. (www.macom.com) is a leading supplier of high performance analog RF, microwave, and millimeter wave products that enable next-generation Internet and modern battlefield applications. Recognized for its broad catalog portfolio of technologies and products, MACOM serves diverse markets, including high speed optical, satellite, radar, wired & wireless networks, CATV, automotive, industrial, medical, and mobile devices. A pillar of the semiconductor industry, we thrive on more than 60 years of solving our customers' most complex problems, serving as a true partner for applications ranging from RF to Light.
Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, MACOM is certified to the ISO9001 international quality standard and ISO14001 environmental management standard. MACOM has design centers and sales offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
MACOM, M/A-COM, M/A-COM Technology Solutions, M/A-COM Tech, Partners in RF & Microwave, Partners from RF to Light, The First Name in Microwave and related logos are trademarks of MACOM. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
DISCLAIMER FOR NEW PRODUCTS:
Any express or implied statements in MACOM product announcements are not meant as warranties or warrantable specifications of any kind. The only warranty MACOM may offer with respect to any product sale is one contained in a written purchase agreement between MACOM and the purchaser concerning such sale and signed by a duly authorized MACOM employee, or, to the extent MACOM's purchase order acknowledgment so indicates, the limited warranty contained in MACOM's standard Terms and Conditions for Quotation or Sale, a copy of which may be found at www.macom.com/purchases.
FOR SALES INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
North Americas – Phone: 800.366.2266
Europe – Phone: +318.104.22.16800
India – Phone: +91.80.43537383
China – Phone: +86.21.2407.1588