SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Citrix today announced ShareConnect, an app that delivers an unmatched desktop-like experience to Android tablets and the iPad, including instant access to business-critical applications, files and networks, as well as full-scale document editing, all in an experience optimized for tablets.
Designed for people and teams who need to get more done on the go, ShareConnect frees tablet users to work just as effectively from outside the office as they can in the office, without sacrificing speed, usability or desktop features. With research showing the average worker uses around three devices in a day, ShareConnect enables people to work securely on one device, shift to the next and pick up right where they left off, ensuring optimal performance and productivity.
“Today’s workforce is more mobile than ever and they face two major challenges; not all data is stored in the cloud and many desktop apps are not fully functional through mobile apps,” said Jesse Lipson, vice president, Citrix. “With ShareConnect, users can access and edit files, use industry-specific desktop apps critical to getting their work done and even use their business networks – all through a simple interface, optimized pixel by pixel for tablets.”
- Access and edit files: ShareConnect always displays the most recent files worked on, enabling users to access and edit those files on native desktop applications while on the business network, if needed.
- Business networks a tap away: Network access is built into the ShareConnect app allowing workers to run resource-intensive desktop programs typically available only on the company network. The desktop processing power needed to smoothly run CAD programs, Illustrator or proprietary legacy applications is now seamless from Android and iOS tablets.
- Clean innovative design: Desktop PC applications are optimized for the iPad and Android OS, opening in full screen mode, so employees can get right to work. Swipe, pinch and zoom functionality, full keyboard control and the ability to preview and edit Microsoft Office files create a true desktop-like experience even when outside the office.
- Free storage: ShareConnect provides 1 GB of free cloud storage from Citrix ShareFile, the secure and simple file-sharing tool used by more than 15 million people around the world.
Citrix has focused on providing people with secure access to apps and data since it was founded 25 years ago. As technology has become a seamless part of both work and personal life, Citrix has removed the barriers for business mobility to empower people and teams to choose when, where and how work gets done. The availability of Citrix ShareConnect highlights how the company is enhancing its mobile workspace solutions to provide ways for organizations to securely manage a diverse and mobile workforce while optimizing user experience.
ShareConnect is available for free download in the iTunes App Store and Google Play. ShareConnect can also be downloaded for instant connections to installed computers at ShareConnect.com. Existing Citrix ShareFile users will be able to log in to ShareConnect with ShareFile credentials and some ShareFile plans will now include instant ShareConnect access, extending the value of ShareFile with deeper integrations between the two products on the horizon.
- Announcement: Citrix Positioned as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Suites
- Video: Introducing Citrix ShareConnect
- Report: Citrix Data Shows New Trends in Mobile Subscriber Data Usage
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leader in mobile workspaces, providing virtualization, mobility management, networking and cloud services to enable new ways to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, personal workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company's key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
© 2014 Citrix Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Citrix, ShareFile are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.