DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/22dcjv/global_and) has announced the addition of the "Global and Chinese Needle Coke Industry Report, 2014-2016" report to their offering.
The global needle coke capacity rose from 920 kt/a to 1,160 kt/a in 2006-2013, registering a CAGR of 3.9%. So far, American and Japanese companies have mastered the needle coke production worldwide. ConocoPhillips as the world's largest producer of oil-based needle coke saw its capacity up to 370 kt/a in 2013; C-Chem, the largest coal-based needle coke producer, boasted capacity of 170 kt/a in the same year.
In 2006-2013, China's needle coke capacity grew from 60 kt/a to 240 kt/a at a CAGR of 17%, far above the global level. And there are still multiple projects under construction such as the 50 kt/a Needle Coke Project of Qitaihe Baotailong Coal & Coal Chemicals Public Co., Ltd. and the 100 kt/a Needle Coke Project of Fangda Carbon New Material Technology Co., Ltd. (both planned to be commissioned at the end of 2014), the 100 kt/a Needle Coke Project of Shandong Delin Petrochemical Co., Ltd. (the cornerstone-laying ceremony was held in June 2013). If these projects in process go into operation on schedule, China's abuilding needle coke capacity will hit above 880 kt/a.
China as the world's largest producer of steel has maintained a high demand for needle coke. But against the background of worsening global economic environment and domestic economic slowdown, the oversupply in the Chinese needle coke market was prominent in 2013, causing a contraction in aggregate demand and a downward trend for prices. In 2013, China's needle coke demand witnessed a year-on-year decrease of 7.8% to approximately 332 kt, which, enslaved to the serious overcapacity of downstream graphite electrode, would find it hard to show signs of recovery, but a slight decline in 2014.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview of Needle Coke
2. Development of Global Needle Coke Industry
3. Development of China Needle Coke Industry
4. Development of China Graphite Electrode Industry
5. Key Companies Worldwide
6. Key Companies in China
7. Summary and Forecast
- China Pingmei Shenma Group Shoushan Coking Co., Ltd.
- Fangda Carbon New Material Technology Co., Ltd.
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IndianOil)
- JX Holdings
- Jining Carbon Group Co., Ltd.
- Jining Yankuang Kelan Coke Co., Ltd
- Jinzhou Coal and Coke Group
- Jinzhou Petrochemical Co., Ltd
- Mitsubishi Chemical
- Petrocokes Japan Limited
- Qitaihe Baotailong Coal & Coal Chemicals Public Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Haihua Group Co., Ltd
- Shanghai Baosteel Chemical Co., Ltd. (Baochem)
- Shanxi Hongte Coal Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Shanxi Sanyuan Carbon Co., Ltd.
- Sinosteel Anshan Research Institute of Thermo-Energy Co., Ltd. (RDTE)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/22dcjv/global_and