DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kx7vks/analyzing_the) has announced the addition of the "Analyzing the Global Market for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients - 2014" report to their offering.
This research analyzes the global API industry in its research report Analyzing the Global Market for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients. The report begins with an introduction to active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). An analysis of the global market for APIs includes an industry overview, industry revenues, industry segmentation by the biotech API market and the Synthetic API market and a profile of the High Potency Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (HPAPAI) Market. We also analyze some of the major impacts on the global API market such as the ongoing and upcoming patent expires of blockbuster drugs and the impact of the economic recession on the market.
The global market for active pharmaceutical ingredients has been growing steadily in recent years. However, the recent economic recession slowed down the growth of the industry as investments made by the major players went down significantly. Furthermore with a large number of blockbuster drugs going off patent by the end of 2014, there is expected to be a major impact on the global API industry. Revenues of the API markets are likely to be affected as generic drugs take up the market.
The United States remains one of the biggest players in the market, followed closely by China and India. Synthetic pharmaceuticals also continue to dominate the API industry as biotech APIs move up slowly. Major companies such as Teva, Dr Reddy's and Boehringer Ingelheim continue to invest heavily in the API industry and remain the leading players in the global active pharmaceutical ingredient market.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Introduction to Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
3. Global Market for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs)
4. Impacts on the Global API Market
5. Market for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) in Asia Pacific
6. Market for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) in Europe
7. Market for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) in North America
8. Major Industry Players
- Actavis Plc
- Albemarle Corporation
- Ampac Fine Chemicals LLC
- Aptuit, Inc
- Aurobindo Pharma
- BASF SE
- Biocon Ltd
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Cambrex Corporation
- Cipla Ltd
- Covidien Plc
- Daiichi Fine Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Dishman Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals Ltd.
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Limited
- Fabbrica Italiana Sintetici
- Hospira Inc
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Lonza Group AG
- Lupin Limited
- Matrix Laboratories Limited/Mylan Inc
- Novartis AG
- Novasep Holding
- Pfizer Inc
- Ranbaxy Laboratories
- Sandoz International GmbH
- Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
- WuXi AppTec, Inc
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kx7vks/analyzing_the