DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mpj2t8/precious_metals) has announced the addition of the "Precious Metals Mining in Botswana to 2020 - a Focus on the Diamond Industry" report to their offering.
The 'Precious Metals Mining in Botswana to 2020 - a Focus on the Diamond Industry' report comprehensively covers the country's historical and forecast data on diamond production, reserves and exports to 2020. The report also includes drivers and restraints affecting the industry, profiles of major diamond mining companies, and information on the major active projects and regulations governing the industry.
The country's rough diamond production is expected to reach 25.3 million carats by 2014 and 32.2 million carats in 2020. In 2009, the county's diamond industry declined sharply due to the global economic crisis, emphasizing the country's reliance on export demand, leading to a fall in rough diamond production. Botswana's rough diamonds are mostly exported to the US, Europe and Japan. These three destinations made up 84.7% of the country's total exports in 2012.
- Botswana is the world's largest producer of diamonds by value, with diamonds accounting for 81% of total minerals contribution to country's GDP and 98% of mineral revenue payable to the government in 2013.
- The country's rough diamond production is estimated to reach 25.3 million carats by 2014 and 32.2 million carats in 2020.
- The relocation of the Diamond Trading Company (DTC) from London to Botswana in 2013 is an important step towards improvements in economic growth, job opportunities and investment.
- Botswana's mining industry is governed by the Ministry of Mineral, Energy and Water Resources (MMEWR) and sub-departments such as the Department of Geological Survey (DGS), the Department of Water Affairs (DWA) and the Department of Mines (DoM).
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
2 Precious Metals Mining In Botswana
- Country Overview
- Mining Overview
- Precious Metal Mining in Botswana - Drivers
- Precious Metals Mining in Botswana - Restraints
3 Diamond Mining In Botswana - Reserves, Production and Trade
- Reserves by Grade and Geographic Regions
- Historical and Forecast Production
- Total Production by Region
- Total Production by Major Mines
- Total Production by Mining Method
- Major Exploration and Development Projects
- Botswana vs Global Rough Diamond Production
4 Competitive Landscape
- Debswana Diamond Company (Pty) Ltd. (Debswana)
- Lucara Diamond Corp. (Lucara)
5 Fiscal Regime
- Governing Bodies
- Governing Laws
- Mining Licences
- Rights and Obligations
- Key Fiscal Terms
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mpj2t8/precious_metals