RIVERWOODS, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Please replace the release issued August 28, 2014 at 4:03 a.m. ET with the following corrected version due to multiple revisions.
The corrected release reads:
DISCOVER TIES FOR HIGHEST RANKING IN CREDIT CARD CUSTOMER SATISFACTION ACCORDING TO J.D. POWER STUDY
Discover (NYSE: DFS) has achieved the highest customer-satisfaction ranking among U.S. card companies, tying for top rating in J.D. Power's annual nationwide study, which was announced today.
Discover ranks highest or second highest in every major category of the 2014 J.D. Power U.S. Credit Card Satisfaction StudySM, which is based on the opinions of more than 19,000 credit card users. Discover received the highest rating in the area of customer interaction, which focuses on how cardmembers perceive the service received through key engagement channels, such as website, call centers, automated phone system, online chat/email and mobile phone. Discover also ranked highly in the categories of rewards, credit card terms, benefits and services and problem resolution.
“As we seek to help cardmembers achieve brighter financial futures, Discover aims to make every single customer interaction a positive one,” said David Nelms, chairman and CEO of Discover. “We are so grateful for the honor of serving our cardmembers and for the recognition they’ve bestowed upon the 14,500 Discover employees who focus every day on providing them with the best products and service possible.”
Customer satisfaction is part of the company’s DNA. The Discover Card was introduced in 1986 as the first cash rewards credit card with no annual fee. Discover’s continued focus on its customers drives offerings and enhancements designed to help cardmembers get the greatest value from their cards and manage their credit, including:
Digital experiences and functionality that allow cardmembers to be in
control of their accounts.
- Cardmembers can monitor account activity, pay bills, receive alerts, and earn and redeem rewards at their convenience.
U.S.-based Customer Care Centers where there is always a live person
to help 24/7.
- Discover Card customers are served by thousands of committed employees in Lake Park, Utah; Phoenix, Arizona; New Albany, Ohio; and New Castle, Delaware.
Free FICO® Credit Scores to give cardmembers information
they can use to stay on top of their credit.
- Discover is the first major credit card issuer to provide free FICO® Scores directly to its cardmembers on their monthly statements and online. In addition to the scores on discover.com, Discover provides key factors explaining what may have influenced a score.
The new flagship Discover it Card with a unique set of features built
upon the pillars of fairness, safety, generous rewards, flexibility
and live customer service.
- The Discover it Card provides cardmembers the option to pay their bills online or by phone until midnight Eastern time, and gives 5% Cashback Bonus® in revolving categories that change each quarter when you sign up for 5% up to the quarterly maximum and an automatic 1% Cashback Bonus on all other purchases.
A new shopping experience known as Discover Deals, which provides
offers and rewards in stores or when shopping online.
- Discover Deals makes it easy to shop, save and earn extra rewards from popular brands in stores or online. Cardmembers can find deals on their phones, tablets or computers to receive instant savings at checkout, as statement credits and through extra rewards.
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America’s cash rewards pioneer, and offers home loans, private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit and money market accounts through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation’s leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories. For more information, visit www.discover.com/company.