NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--American International Group, Inc. (NYSE:AIG) today announced the release of its 2013 Corporate Citizenship Report, which showcases the company’s governance, environmental, and social performance, as well as its commitment to long-term sustainability.
In the report’s opening letter, Robert H. Benmosche, AIG President and Chief Executive Officer, wrote, “Having a positive influence on our customers and in the communities where we reside is vital to AIG, and is one of the major reasons our company has always made corporate citizenship such a significant priority.” Benmosche concluded his letter by reiterating that being a responsible company is core to AIG’s mission “to help people and businesses around the world prepare for the future, recover from loss, and retire with confidence.”
The report covers eight focus areas and details how these corporate responsibility initiatives are creating value for AIG, its customers, business partners, employees, and shareholders as they contribute to the growth of sustainable, prosperous communities. Additionally, the report features an overview of AIG’s Corporate Social Responsibility activities in the Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean regions.
Highlights from the report include:
- A sustainable investment strategy - integrating environmental, social, and governmental analysis into the company’s investment process.
- Environmental responsibility - leading the insurance industry in analyzing climate change risks and impacts, as well as providing mitigation solutions.
- Entrepreneurship and empowerment - continuing to deliver financial services to the world’s working poor through microinsurance.
- Diversity and inclusion - recognizing that companies with diverse employees, clients, brokers, agents and suppliers are better positioned to develop creative solutions to complex business challenges.
- Corporate giving - striving to make a difference in the communities where AIG has a business presence by partnering with charitable organizations in three primary areas: safety, security, and disaster relief.
The report is available electronically via web (for Safari, Chrome and IE9 and above users) and PDF formats. The report is also accessible as a downloadable app for iPad and Android tablets. Visit www.aig.com/citizenship to access the report.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
AIG is the marketing name for the worldwide property-casualty, life and retirement, and general insurance operations of American International Group, Inc. For additional information, please visit our website at www.aig.com. All products and services are written or provided by subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc. Products or services may not be available in all jurisdictions, and coverage is subject to actual policy language. Non-insurance products and services may be provided by independent third parties. Certain property-casualty coverages may be provided by a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers do not generally participate in state guaranty funds, and insureds are therefore not protected by such funds.