KEENE, N.H.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory, the leader in market analysis on the consulting profession, has released Consulting to the Department of Defense; in-depth research that covers key service capabilities among a diverse group of powerhouse management consulting firms. The report identifies current engagement trends and rates leading firms’ specific competencies, strengths and weaknesses.
“Department of Defense Consulting is defined as services to help the Joint Staff, Office of the Secretary of Defense, and all relevant agencies and military organizations in the execution of their missions as directed by the Executive and Congressional Authority and relevant appropriations,” according to Matthew Merker, Senior Analyst for Public Sector Consulting, Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory. “In light of the new economic and political environment, today’s Department of Defense clients are seeking specific services and procedural practices from management consulting firms. Against this backdrop of unrest, the DoD also faces a host of new challenges including sequestration, continuing resolutions, and reduction of overseas contingency operations.”
In the context of these and other factors, Consulting to the Department of Defense examines core competencies within the consulting provider landscape, as well as area(s) of specialization. It also includes in-depth profiles of DoD consulting firms, with capability maps illustrating each practice’s standing across the key engagement areas of:
- DoD Consulting Sector Experience — evaluates firms’ exposure to the DoD consulting sector and familiarity with DoD clients and contract administration.
- Strategic Planning — evaluates firms’ ability to develop strategic plans and long term forecasting for DoD clients.
- Military Supply Chain Management — evaluates firms’ ability to provide materiel and logistics services to DoD units, including but not limited to sourcing, procurement, conversion and logistics management.
- Process Improvement — evaluates firms’ capabilities to streamline and otherwise improve upon processes within the DoD infrastructure.
- Change Management & Transformation — evaluates firms’ ability to assist DoD clients in changes to management, infrastructure, budget, personnel, and other critical elements.
- Organizational Design & Efficiency — evaluates firms’ ability to understand DoD organizational practices/hierarchy and develop solutions to streamline and improve overall operational efficiency.
- Financial Management — evaluates firms’ knowledge and application of DoD financial practices to improve budgeting and audit transparency.
- IT Efficiencies — evaluates firms’ capabilities and diversity in IT support to DoD clients as it relates to promoting streamlining, consolidation, and efficiency.
Profiled firms in Consulting to the Department of Defense include:
- Accenture; A.T. Kearney; Booz Allen Hamilton; CACI; Capgemini; CSC; Deloitte; Grant Thornton; IBM; KPMG; ManTech; McKinsey & Company; PwC; SAIC; and SRA
Consulting Research & Advisory
A Bloomberg BNA Business
Founded in 1970, Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory provides accurate and reliable market sizing and forecasts on consulting services world-wide, needs-analysis and vendor profiling for buyers of consulting services, timely and insightful intelligence on the top consulting firms in their respective markets, and operational benchmarks that measure consulting performance.
Kennedy's research spans multiple service areas, client vertical industries, and geographies. Our analysts provide expert commentary at consulting industry events world-wide, and offer custom research for Management Consulting and IT Services firms.
Kennedy's advisory services provide results-oriented strategic guidance to buyers and sellers of consulting services.
Our clientele consists of Fortune 500 companies and the most highly regarded professional services firms in the world.
Kennedy’s parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomberg L.P., is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals.
More information is available for you at www.KennedyInfo.com/Consulting.