LITTLE ROCK, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The State of Arkansas, in partnership with the Information Network of Arkansas, launched a completely new state portal website with a mobile-first design and many new features in 2013. Since then, the state has gathered user feedback and analyzed website data, and today unveils improvements that make the award-winning state portal more usable and accessible than ever before.
“We are proud to build on the innovative legacy of the portal and offer new tools and information that make it easier for citizens to connect with their government,” INA Board Chair Ann Purvis said. “With these research-based enhancements, Arkansas.gov continues to set a standard of excellence for state government websites while putting its users first.”
Key features and user-centric enhancements of Arkansas.gov include:
- Geo-location Enabled Map: Citizens can view a map of nearby government offices, public meetings, jobs and services based on their current location.
- Trending Searches: View the most popular searches conducted on seasonal topics.
- State Employees Page: A resource of curated information and helpful links for state employees.
- Reorganized Content: Streamlined navigation and simpler content organization make it easier for site visitors to find information quickly.
- Gov2Go Text Message Reminders: A first-of-its-kind texting service that proactively guides citizens through their federal, state and county government obligations, and prompts them to get text reminders for key government deadlines (property assessment, license renewal, etc.)
- Crowd-Sourced Photography: Bold, stunning photography of Arkansas submitted by citizens through the Arkansas.gov Flickr group.
- Streamlined Design for Mobile Viewing: All new features are optimized for viewing on mobile devices.
The portal continues to provide many popular features – Text4Help, “eGov this Week” carousel, smart search, widgets and a social media gallery that curates government social networks across the state. A “feedback” feature is monitored daily and encourages citizens to share their thoughts about the website.
Arkansas.gov is the portal entry to more than 1,200 online Arkansas government services. It has processed more than $1.3 billion in secure transactions for Arkansas state, county and municipal government agencies since 1997, including vehicle registration renewals, property tax payments, court fines and more. Since 2013, more than 1.9 million people have visited Arkansas.gov roughly 3.1 million times. Arkansas.gov has been ranked nationally among the top 10 state websites every year since 2006. INA develops and maintains Arkansas.gov at no cost to the state.
About The Information Network of Arkansas (INA)
The Information Network of Arkansas (INA) is a public-private partnership between the state of Arkansas and the Arkansas Information Consortium (AIC) that helps state government entities Web-enable their information services. Little Rock-based AIC is part of e-Government firm NIC’s (NASDAQ: EGOV) family of companies. INA operates Arkansas.gov, the official website of the state of Arkansas, which offers more than 1,200 state and local online services.
Founded in 1992, NIC (NASDAQ: EGOV) is the nation's leading provider of official government websites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company's innovative eGovernment services help make government more accessible to everyone through technology. The family of NIC companies provides eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Forbes has named NIC as one of the “100 Best Small Companies in America” five times, most recently ranked at No.11 (2013), and the company has been included three times on the Barron’s 400 Index. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.