CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released vendor market share and forecasts from its 2nd quarter (2Q14) Service Provider VoIP and IMS Equipment and Subscribers report. (Full analysis published by Aug. 29.)
“At the end of 2013, we projected the IMS equipment market would slow in 2014 as large operators in North America and Asia Pacific commercially launch VoLTE services and capacity begins to be utilized, and this is indeed happening,” reports Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research. “We don’t view this as a cause for alarm, but rather the ship righting itself after a build-up of inventory for nationwide launches.”
VOIP AND IMS MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- To date, nationwide launches of voice over LTE (VoLTE) have taken place only in small countries and city-states such as South Korea, Singapore, and Hong Kong
- Larger nationwide launches of VoLTE in the U.S. and Japan are expected to begin toward the end of 2014; this, in addition to the activity of operators in Europe, Canada, and other parts of Asia, will fuel IMS equipment related to VoLTE in 2015
- The global service provider VoIP and IMS market totaled $878 million in 2Q14, down 6% from 2Q13, and down 12% sequentially
- Home subscriber servers (HSSs), voice application servers (VASs), and media gateway control function (MGCF) equipment were the only VoIP/IMS product segments to post year-over-year growth in 2Q14
- Asia Pacific and EMEA notched solid VoIP/IMS revenue gains in 2Q14 over the same period a year ago, while North America skidded
- Huawei and Metaswitch are the standout IMS/VoIP vendors in 2Q14, bucking the down quarter
- The large network equipment vendors—Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Huawei, and Nokia—are benefitting from VoLTE-related activity and product sets that extend beyond IMS
WEBINAR: CENTRALIZED SIGNALING AND ROUTING
Join analyst Diane Myers Sept. 9 at 11:00 A.M. Eastern for Simplifying Networks with Centralized Signaling and Routing, an online event examining how CSRC platforms can help operators transition to next-gen IP networks. Attend live or access the replay at: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=828405&s=1&k=E281B0D42325CA50A1DA14B64DFCFF0D
VOIP AND IMS REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly carrier VoIP and IMS report provides worldwide and regional market share, market size, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for trunk media gateways, SBCs, media servers, softswitches, voice application servers, HSS, CSCF, BGCF, MGCF, IM/presence application servers, and subscribers. Vendors tracked: Alcatel-Lucent, BroadSoft, Dialogic, Ericsson, Genband, Huawei, Mavenir, Metaswitch, NEC, Nokia, Oracle, Radisys, Sonus, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
LATEST RESEARCH BRIEF
Read Infonetics’ August Service Provider VoIP & IMS research brief:
View more report highlights and Infonetics’ webinar schedule at www.infonetics.com or download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, tables of contents, and more at www.infonetics.com/login.
TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard email@example.com +1-408-583-3335
N. A. (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne firstname.lastname@example.org +1-408-583-3395
Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song email@example.com +86-21-3919-8505
Japan 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org +81-3-6408-5566
South Korea 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP email@example.com +82-2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides here.